“A fabulous surprise in Decatur -lovely decor and wonderful food.”
Review of Colbeh Persian Kitchen & Bar - CLOSED

Colbeh Persian Kitchen & Bar
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Wonderful Persian food in a lovely setting - we had fabulous lamb kabobs with basmati rice - great eggplant appetizers and wonderful baklava Go you won't be disappointed!!!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Located in Decatur Square in Decatur Georgia. I treated myself to the most tender lamb shank that just fell of the bone served with basmati rice and fava beans. The choice of seasonings were superb. The live jazz band made the dining experience that much pleasant. My daughter took advantage of the Khoresht Karafs and no complaints out of her. Later we indulged in the baklava cheesecake. Yes...... You heard correctly, the baklava cheesecake was the exclaimation point that tied it all up. Definitely take the time to experience Colbeh!!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I ate here with a group of about 20 on an weekday evening. The food was quite tasty, and plentiful. My only complaint was about service, which was just OK. Seems like they didn't have enough servers to really get it down flawlessly. For instance, I never actually knew what they were serving. The waiters never said, and I never saw a menu. Since we were in a group, we all got the same thing, but I can't tell you what we ate. Whoever organized the dinner knows, but I don't. When they were clearing the tables, the staff kept dropping utensils. It was distracting.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We've been meaning to try this place for awhile since we love Persian Turkish food. It was great, the kabob and service was excellent. Highly recommend

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I've been to Colbeh twice for dinner, both times on Thursday nights when an acoustic jazz quartet plays in the front of this very pleasant restaurant/bar on the Decatur Square. The interior is warm and inviting, the staff and service all I could ask for, there's a great list of craft beers, and the jazz musicians are wonderful. Unfortunately, the food is just sub-par. I'm not an expert on Persian food, but I've had it elsewhere and liked it. But here the hummus was way too garlicky (and I like garlicky hummus), my lamb shank was well cooked but badly in need of some salt, the rice both times was not quite hot enough, and on and on for both me and my wife. I'm gonna offer an unconditional recommendation that the way to enjoy Colbeh is to come in on a Thursday evening after you have eaten, order a drink or two and enjoy the jazz.