“Tasty Tacos!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I’ve avoided this place because of the long lines. I wish that I hadn’t.

The line moved quicker than I had expected, which was a plus! (If you want to avoid the lines, you should arrive when it opens.)

The service was fast and friendly. Our food arrived not longer after we started munching on our chips and salsa and drinking the house margaritas. (BTW: The margaritas have a bit of a “kick”.)

I had a fish taco, Mexican rice, and veggie bean taco. Yummy! The servings are the right size, filling w/o being too-full.

Parking is rather tight. If you don’t mind the walk, you can actually park at the post office, after business hours, on Saturday evenings.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great unusual Tacos , Enchiladas, Soups & Chilli's! Guac, Fish Tacos and Enchiladas are very different and excellent, don't miss the wonderful Chowder. Good selection of cold Beer and Margarita's. Long lines are well worth the wait, parking is adequate (more parking in street) , service is fast. Have order in mind & money in hand speeds things up. Opens at 11:00am, get there early to avoid long lines. Nothing fancy with this restaurant, Food is always excellent , no bad days.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Their fish tacos are among the best in town. I tried the shrimp corn chowder today for the first time, but it won't be my last. Their salsas and guacomole are delicious and reasonably priced as is everything on their menu. Their service is super speedy once you get to your table. Ignore the long line out the door as it moves quickly. We have never experienced the rude service others have complained about and we have eaten there a lot. We make up excuses to go to Decatur so we can eat there. Can't wait for the next time.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I enjoy the long line every visit because I know that I will receive a great reward once my food has hit the table. Their shrimp corn chowder and side salad that comes with a spicy vinaigrette always satisfies my fancy. You must try their special of the day always made fresh daily.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I LUV this place!! Yes, the line is usually long but the food is well worth the wait. My favorite tacos are the fish and veggies. There the right size and not too filling. Oh yeah! The cheese and nacho dip is to die for. To wash it all down check out the sweet tea.

Been to Taqueria Del Sol? Share your experiences!