“Fun place to enjoy hookah and bellydancing!!!”
Review of Istanbul Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Istanbul Cafe
Ranked #154 of 376 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

This was a really fun place. When we got there, we were a little apprehensive about the lack of lighting and guests. We decided to kick back and relax and give it a try. Turned out to be a lot of fun. Good service, great food and a good time. The place soon packed out and the belly dancer put on a really cool show- she even got me up to do it with her which I know everyone got a kick out of. We loved this place!! A little pricey for the food and hookah but worth the experience.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Cafe Istanbul is a unique dining experience. Diners loungs on pillows on the floor, eating Turkish food, smoking hookah and watching belly dancers. On Friday and Saturday nights, the music gets louds and clubby, so if you are looking for a quite dinner, the weekend is not the time to go. The food is pretty good. Reservations are necessary for a Friday or Saturday night.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Me and a group of friends decided to eat here as it was nearby to where we met up. The food was okay, most of the people there were there because they serve hookah as well. After we got our check, we left the table when the waiter arrived. One the my friends got left his camera on the table for only a few moments and quickly walked back in to pick it up and the saw the the waiter was clearing the table. My friend asked the waiter if he knew where his camera went and the waiter denied completely even though the waiter was by the table the entire time. I am very disappointed by the service.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We feel we need something different to introduce to our friends. Our hair stylist is from Turkey and she says this is the best place for Turkish food and musics. So my partner and I invite four of our friends. A simplistic but very ethnic setting inside, decorated with unique lamps. You will sit on the mattress on the floor and lean against wall if you like. They have a beautiful belly dancer performs solo almost every half an hour. Feel free to rise up and dance with her in the rhythmic and lively music. It really makes my evening after a stressful week.

They serve Turkish beers, wines, cocktails, and Turkey Bombs, as well as soft drinks. I order a lamb sautee, with olive as a side. The lamb is diced in small piece and sauteed with vegetables in garlic tomato sauce. It goes well with rice, too. The sauce is creamy and the lamb is warm. What a dish for a cold late fall evening.

It's getting very crowded after 9PM. People arrive dress nicely and bring more happiness. The music volume is up and diners start to dance around. And then, there comes the Gangnam Style. Wow, it stirs up the whole restaurant. People jive, DJ claps hands, servers busy running with food and drinks, and crowds form a line in waiting area can't wait to look for an empty space..... It's hot hangout place in Decatur.

The food are good, and the price is very reasonable. I look forward to going back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

I went here for the first time with friends last weekend and I had a blast. The food was great, we had amazing service, and the atmosphere was super fun. We had hookahs, enjoyed the belly dancer, and I even got up and danced at one point (the two bottles of wine I shared with a friend may have had something to do with that though. Hehehe). It's definitely worth checking out!