“Fantastic French!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Today we celebrated my wife's 50TH birthday. The visit here was a surprise for her. She has never eaten French cuisine (as well as I) and has expressed the desire to eat a Beef Wellington.
Note: They accept reservations for a party of 4 or more. I made reservations this afternoon and had no difficulties.
For starters, we had the Escargot. It was absolutely delicious! We both had the salad with Honey and Fig dressing. Yum! My wife and I both got the Beef Wellington. The Beef Wellington was delicious!
I highly recommend eating here!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary dinner at Cafe Alsace, and loved every minute of it. From the cheerful welcome from owner Benedicte to the wonderful pate du chef appetizer through the main courses (I had the choucroute garnie, my wife had the duck special) all the way to dessert, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The place is busy, which attests to the good food and the friendly service. Have been before, and will certainly return again, even though it is about 45 minutes from where we live.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The restaurant was very much French. By that I mean quaint, very small, decorated nicely and crowded. We went for Mother's Day. There were four of us so they accept reservations for 4 or more. Brunch ends at 2pm so when she told me that they only had a 1:30 reservation available, I was skeptical. But I accepted it because she assured us they would have plenty of food and wouldn't rush us out the door at 2pm. We arrived at 1:30 but there were no tables available. So we had to walk around the shops and wait an additional 15 minutes before getting our table. They had a lot of wornderful looking dishes on the menu. However a lot of what we wished to order was not available because they had "run out". It was frustrating to say "ok, I'll have this"..." no I'm sorry there isn't any more of that. Even the iced tea was not available. So that was pretty disappointing. Overall the food was delicious, service wasn't great and I wouldn't go back. There are many other restaurants that look great in that area.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Benedicte and Chef Derrick keep this very intimate, small restaurant among the best experiences in Foodie-friendly Decatur. The authentic Alsacian cuisine brings out the best from this border area of France next to Germany. Delicious crepes, including specials that rely on the freshest seasonal ingredients, are a staple--but so are the several variations of spaetzle, a dish also found in Germany and Switzerland. The house-made pate is a great starter, large enough for several to share. And the desserts, especially the profiteroles and fresh made ice creams, are terrific. The night we were there they had gingerbread and lavender/honey flavor ice creams--so different and so delicious. Nice wine list, and be sure to take home a bottle of the house-made fig and honey vinaigrette salad dressing. Many fun French themed items for sale as well.

1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful! Friendly, owner comes around to tables, cooks. Food was fabulous! Make sue you leave room for dessert, you don't want to leave without it!