“Birthday dinner, good food, reasonable, need more veggies though!”

Golden Buddha Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 March 2013

probably our own fault, I used to eat at this restaurant many, many years ago...then recently in route to go out of town with a friend accompanying me who's birthday was just passed, she/we decided we stop here and take early dinner.

She ordered the entree w/rice included and we both had appetizers, 2 egg rolls and 2 spring rolls. Due to reading trip advisor and learning the portions sizes were so large, we decided to split one entree. (in hotel that night with no place to store extra leftovers)..We had left overs anyway, even splitting the large portion! total cost for two person with leftovers, and two appetizers $18.00

the food was good but no veggies to speak of, ordered garlic chicken, I believe it was celery and red pepper as veggie in the dish. It was our own fault to have ordered something with so little veggies in the dish. Service was excellent, place is clean and has great reputation, tea hot and very good. Enjoy your visit to Golden Buddha and wishing them the very best!

1  Thank eatprayloveall

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I've been to this place a few times and every time I'm never disappointed. All of the food is great and it's a local favorite to many. I usually visit during my lunch and dine by myself or with a friend or two. Everyone I have brought here usually returns with or without me, lol.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

This is Chinese food our daughter introduced. The servings are huge and can easily morph into three meals. Two words: Empress chicken. Nothing like it! No, you wouldn't eat it every day but the day you do, you will be done with mall Chinese food. Delicous, juicy, and seasoned just right! Do it!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I have been going to the Clairmont Rd. Golden Buddha for almost 30 years.
It is the ultimate in Chinese/Korean comfort food.
Each entree plate is often enough to feed a family of four.
They do not scrimp on portions, and the prices are more than reasonable for what you get.
There is no better egg fu yung on the planet (sans sauce.)
There is no better General Tso's chicken on the planet.
The Empress Chicken is a sumptuous irresistible delight.
The restaurant is a veritable United Nations, as at any random time you visit you will see folks of every possible ethnic description all communally and happily chowing down the wondrous fare.

1  Thank jodin
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Ate here with my wife and friends while visiting Atlanta. The service was excellent as was the atmosphere and decor, and it is certainly a popular place. The hot and sour soup was excellent. The dumplings were deep fried not pan-fried and were a little bit greasy. The Mongolian Beef was excellent. Unfortunately, the Szechuan chicken, pork lo mein, chicken in black bean sauce were just average. All in all it as a very good experience - just not great.

Been to Golden Buddha Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!