“not as good as I remembered.....”
Review of Our Way Cafe

Our Way Cafe
Ranked #111 of 380 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I used to rave about this place and I still refer friends to the meat and vegetable joint. But the past two trips I have been disappointed. Items need to be changed up a bit. Yesterday I had the salmon loaf with dill sauce, mashed potatoes and lima beans. Best item on my plate was the lima beans. The salmon loaf was not firm enough and then they drowned it in TOO MUCH dill sauce. It was like mush.

Believe they need new menu items. Change t up.

1  Thank mt6820

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

On the outskirts of Decatur in Avondale is this place. I've been eating at our way for 10 years and like there name it is their way. Same menu except one day chicken enchiladas one day pork surprise. I eat the meatloaf. The only things that have changed was the size of the plates (smaller) and price higher over the years.

1  Thank Bizatl
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

C'mon guys . You cant run the same menu over and over and over . Since the remodel it seems they have gotten lazy and ditched any thought of creativity . I have seen better baked chicken at am/pm . If it doesn't sell , reheat it and try it again tomorrow.
Please , this place used to be great . You can tell by the empty dining room that the proteins are better left uneaten. Dried up crusty chicken , meatloaf , salmon loaf and what appears to be some rendition of pork Every day . Please ! Take the hint . No more .

Reviewed 31 December 2012

like any restaurant that has been around a while there is history...use to be located on the back side if Decatur, moved a few years ago to Avondale, then a fire destroyed the store, after some time they re emerged with a new look, in the same place, and a new system of charging, from a meat and 3 meal to more ala carte, yet reasonable... for what you get...you get a lot of food! 10 or so veggies daily several meat options to choose from. Good Desserts, Nice folks, easy to do business with, mainly adults ands working folks. Not open on weekends. Lunch and early dinner pickup. The portions are generous, self serve tea, there are containers in case you have leftovers, the food is good, you will not leave hungry. They make their creamed corn and other veggies/entrees from scratch. Tip jar for tipping. Good to meet here mid afternoons, as the place is quiet, casual. we often had a condo assn board meeting here for working meeting lunch ...quiet and spacious. Enjoy

1  Thank eatprayloveall
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The vegetables are a bit limp and the price is a bit high for what you get. I prefer to add my own salt.