“Love me some sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Love me some sushi”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Great staff! Great value! Great sushi! What more do you want? I had a few special requests that were filled without question. That's the kind of sushi place I especially like.

Visited June 2013

Atlanta
“Another Maki Role, Please!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Sushi Avenue consistently has delicious sushi, sashimi and other Japanese dishes. Of the two Decatur locations, the one located on the square has a better ambiance. The staff are always exceptionally friendly. It's one of our favorite restaurants to visit as a family.

Visited February 2013
Snellville, GA
“Terrible service & Sushi is NOT fresh”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Sushi is one of my favorite foods. I'm not your typical california-roll kind of person. I go for the Uni topped with a quail egg yolk, Hotate, Mirugai, etc. I'm a connoisseur of making my own sushi and have been for over 30 years.

My two girlfriends and I met there for our 'once-a-month' get-together. We had never been to this restaurant and wanted to turn our friend on to sushi for the first time. Normally, we do dinner, but this time we met for lunch. Our total check was $137 (for lunch ~ three women!). You would think after spending that kind of money that our service would have been better. We got our first order of sushi and a bottle of wine very quickly. But, after ordering another round, we waited over 35 minutes. Parking sucked. We had to pay for parking and I was freaking because I had only paid for two hours. When the sushi finally arrived, I had 10 minutes to scarf down (worried about getting a parking ticket). We questioned the waitress twice about our food and was told the sushi chef was still working on it. Hah! We only ordered a dozen pieces. I counted 4 other people in the restaurant ... not busy at all!

My Yellowtail was the trim of the bottom piece of fish with a bit of skin attached. The Unagi was mushy (not fresh at all!).

Prices are a bit high as well.

ONE star for parking
ONE star for price-point
ONE star for service
ONE star for quality of food

We will never go back!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank lynnestwins
Atlanta, Georgia
“My go-to sushi restaurant”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I LOVE Sushi Avenue! The service is great, the sushi is authentic and beautifully prepared, and you get a great value for what you pay. After moving from New York City, I wasn't sure if I'd find a neighborhood go-to sushi restaurant, but I did. I eat here probably twice a month. Great for take-out as well!

Visited September 2012
Atlanta
“Reliably good, often packed”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

High quality, reliably good sushi, bento, soups, noodles. Great place for family dinners, especially if you have people in your group who don't want sushi or don't want raw sushi. Often packed on the weekends. There's another location in walking distance, off Ponce behind Cafe Lily, but it will also be packed on a Friday night!

Visited June 2012