“Holy Crap Box!”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Decatur
North Bergen, New Jersey, United States
“Holy Crap Box!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Went to Georgia to visit a friend, another friend booked the rooms without checking it out thoroughly. Needless to say the place is a good place to score drugs and get robbed. If the smelly rooms don't make you want to run, the 2 inch thick plexiglass cage surrounding the front desk should tell you all you need to know! Was warned by local cops sweeping the area not to stay there. Needless to say, we didn't.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Joseph L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Got caught in a big storm and decided to rest for a few hours. Not wanting to plunk down $100 for a few hours I checked the rate here. Was reasonable so I stayed. Ended up falling asleep and leaving the next morning. The rooms weren't great, but not awful. Didn't see any of the shady characters that the other reviewers mentioned, but I was on the far side of the hotel. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for and this place is not bad.

Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mjones877
Sandersville, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2011

The owner seemed very nice and friendly until we had paid for the room and saw that it was not fit to stay in. The sheets on the beds and the bathroom was very dirty so I called down stairs and told the guy that the sheets needs to be changed and he said no you bring the sheets off the bed and I will give you some more. so I went back to the front and ask him for my money back and he said sorry no refund. I had booked 2 rooms for 2 nights so then he agreed to reimburst me for one of the nights so we got into a verbal argument and he became very rude so we left and went back up stairs and when we came back down to talk to the owner there was a guy standing their talking to the owner and as we came in he was rushing the guy away telling him that he will call him and the whole while the owner was talking to him he was looking down reading an envelope. so the guy finally left and went back to his room where he lives at . So I walked up to the check in window and saw the note that was written on the envelope thats read " SHOOT EM IN THE HEAD" so we assumed that they were plotting on us being that we had just had an argument with the owner so we act as if we didnt see the note and went up stairs and got the kids and gathered up ours things and left! That was the most scaries thing we had ever experience!!! We almost lost our lives all because we wanted our money back!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank lucky35243

Travellers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2010

. . .and I've stayed at some doozies. I had to ask for another room because someone had put chewing gum in the door so it wouldn't lock. The place is crawling with prostitutes on the weekend. It's clean, enough, I guess, but the whole building is dingy and obviously a den of ill repute. I wouldn't have stayed at all, but I had prepaid and didn't really have another option.

It doesn't look *anything* like the picture, except that it's a building, too.

Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank khalleron
valrico
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Read the reviews!!! I was going to decatur for a workshop...not many choices of hotels to stay. This hotel is lousy....the mattress is full of springs, and my back felt each one.....dirty....and the free breakfast, i wouldnt feed to my dog....stayed 2 nights....afraid i wouldn't have my car the next day.....the last day....there were 7 cop cars and a line of men with zip ties on their hands....apparently this hotel is famous for prostitution and drugs.....i didnt stay the third night...thank god i had a friend in atlanta to stay my last night.....DONT GO TO THIS HOTEL

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mckennasit
Brooklyn
Reviewed 12 April 2010

This place is HORRIBLE!! First of all they had no record of my reservation when I called to confirm my reservation. I ended up not staying there and when I returned home from my trip they chared my credit card for one nights stay. When I called to speak to a manager the front desked dodged my calls, and told me Mr. Shaw, the manager, was out and he would return my calls when he gets back to work. It took a week before I got a hold of the manager only because I had to lie about who I was and then he would not help me and told me I was lying. They also said that they do not charge for the room that it's all done third party, which is BS b/c my statement shows the charge from Super 8 Decatur, GA. They are all CROOKS, and I'm reporting them to the BBB of Atlanta. DO NOT STAY THERE

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank alhfd10
Charlotte
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Good cuatomer service .. and nice breakfast.. Room was good and clean

Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#109 of 174 in Atlanta
Knights Inn Atlanta East

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!