“Good hotel and customer srvice is good”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
CLT
“Good hotel and customer srvice is good”
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Stay was nice. Had a problem with microwave but immediately replaced it. Got a crib that was requested and close to downtown.

Stayed August 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ohio
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I wish I had read the reviews before I booked this, I was tired and it was dark, I pulled off the highway and saw lots of strung out looking people on the sides of the Glenwood Road. When I arrived at the motel, I asked the manager if I could change to a different Motel 8 and he smiled and shook his head no. The doors exit straight outside and right below my room, all night long, I heard people pulling up, getting out of their car, entering the room below me, staying a few minutes then leaving, a few minutes later the same thing. People arguing... it is funny, I felt the same as the other person who reviewed this about my car. I should have left, some how I got use to the arguing and the door slamming and ended up getting a few hours of sleep. I had stayed at a Super 8 up by Hammond, IN, awesome, clean and peaceful, it is easy to see that Super 8 has no checks and balances or quality control measures. The only way this place stays in business is through allowing prostitution and drug dealing to happen on the premises. When I woke, I got dressed and as soon as I began out the door, two Dekalb Police cars flew past, I ducked back because I was afraid they would see me and ask me about something that may have went on the previous night. I just wanted to leave.

• Liked — getting out
  • Disliked — location, the dirt and nastiness
  • Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Spelligmac

Travellers are raving about these Decatur hotels

Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed 20 December 2007

Stayed overnight there. It was a terrifying experience. We were afraid to leave anything in our vehicle - and had serious doubts as to if we'd even have a vehicle come sunrise!

We had made a "non-refundable" reservation at the last minute, otherwise, we'd have gone elsewhere.

I'm not sure what all goes on in and around that hotel - but I can guarantee you that law enforcement would find it interesting! There is alot of back and forth traffic across the highway to the quick mart with some very interesting looking "ladies".

Doors slam all night long.

Loud voices up and down the sidewalk.

Questionable people just "hanging around" in the parking lot.

Recommend that you look elsewhere for lodging. Preferably even in another area of Atlanta. This place was pretty scary.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything - location particularly
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Firecat7
ms
Reviewed 15 April 2007

Absolutely terrifying! My husband did make it into the lobby but was hit up by a panhandler, and when I got out to help him, I too was approached. People in and out who seemed to 'stay' there, and obviously a pay by the minute room beside the lobby. We got our money back and flew out of there--we would have been headlines in the next day's newspaper! DON'T BOOK THIS HOTEL. Someone needs to tell Super 8! (We booked this originally because we figured it was fine, just off Interstate, etc...)

• Disliked — Dangerous
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank marjie01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Affordable Hotel
Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Masters Inn Tucker
Masters Inn Tucker
#3 of 11 in Tucker

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!