“Perfect hotel”

Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Totally renovated; tasteful decor; beautiful atrium, spacious well-appointed room. Excellent value for money in the Atlanta area. Hotel re-opened just two months ago; staffmembers were very friendly but are still finding their own way around. Lovely to walk around in Decatur. Wonderful restaurants in the area. Five minutes to Marta if you prefer public transportation.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The hotel is located in a great area within walking distance of wonderful locally owned shops and restaurants. It has been very recently re-done and everything is new and clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful when I asked to change rooms from an interior lobby ("courtyard" (?)) room to one with an exterior view. I was very concerned that the noise from the lobby and bar below would be too much to stay in an interior and I really didn't want to have a non-view of the rooms across the way --but most of all, I wanted fresh air. The exterior room view was nice, but I do not understand why the windows were bolted shut. The odor of cleaning solutions/deodorizer was unpleasant and I much prefer a hotel room where I can get fresh air...especially since the weather was so nice.

Also, I was told parking would be $8 a day, but the gate to the garage was broken so there was no charge.

Room Tip: Request exterior if you want to look outside to the real world.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SBegoniaDenver
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Ritz Carlton caliber without the price. New, marvelously designed with everything a seasoned business traveler looks for. The spacious, sunlit atrium provides a place to work or just relax. Each staff member we encountered was well trained and genuinely pleased to be of service. We will make this hotel our regular stop on future trips to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Some rooms look onto the atrium. We chose an outside room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was really happy when my best friend booked a block of rooms at a Marriott for her wedding. I am a big fan of Marriott. The hotel apparently was just renovated and you can tell. I don't know what it looked like before, but this hotel was very clean and modern. I loved it! The rooms were very nice, the TV's were updated, nice LG flat screens, the hotel's lobby was modern and chic. The staff was super friendly. They were very accommodating when we needed anything from where the best food was to how to get a taxi to the airport when we needed to check out. Everything was fantastic. The hotel is close to everything FUN! The bars, restaurants, a Starbucks (which is KEY), little boutiques to shop at, a park for the kids to run around, a CVS, McDonalds. I never felt nervous or on edge walking back from the bars to the hotel after the wedding we attended. There were police out everywhere and all of the people in the surrounding areas were very nice. The bar at the hotel was very nice also. We had some great drinks there with our friends. I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you stay in Decatur. Very quaint and modern, clean and fresh.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the lobby of the hotel seem to be a bit noisier, but it wasn't bad.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Newlywed0825
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Nice place and close to Transportation and Food. I was very happy with my stay here. When I got my room the air/heater was broken and they had me in a new room within a half hour. The hotel grounds were very clean. My only real issue was paying $8 a night for parking but I guess that goes with the territory.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Do not let the reviews prior to February 2012 dissuade you from staying here -- they are for the previous Holiday Inn at the same address. Marriott Courtyard is now the hotel on Clairemont in downtown Decatur, and they reopened for business on February 1. My husband and I stayed there on February 3 to celebrate our anniversary and the new hotel is great! The lobby is upscale chic and the room was clean and comfortable. They have a great indoor pool and fitness center, too. Service was very friendly - staff were very helpful in answering our questions and providing a tour. We enjoyed being in downtown Decatur so we could walk to dinner and enjoy a stroll through town. I highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers. C Thomas

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CJ T
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Very helpful and friendly reception. Older hotel but very clean and comfortable. Restful night with little noise even though the hotel was nearly full.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room on the river side of the building!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Midtown
Hilton Atlanta
#82 of 173 in Atlanta
Buckhead
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory? Share your experiences!