“Jawdropping lobby, warm reception, amazing room, but....”

Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our experience with this spacious architectural wonder was delightful, overall.

The lobby was mind-blowing, with halogens strung to emphasize the lofty ceilings and the grand largesse of the remodeled structure. Breathtaking! The staff was finely tuned, well-trained and exceptionally gracious. Our corner room, #327, was spacious, well-appointed and had a stunning view. This was a GREAT treat, after a week in a small NYC room.

Our only issue was the inability to print from our Mac laptop, and the spottiness of the Wi-Fi. We were preparing a eulogy and wanted to print a clean draft. We wound up re-typing it and printing it on the PC in the lobby, as the Tech crew didn't arrive until 8 am, too late for our event.

This is a GRAND, warm and wonderful hotel, centrally located in the Decatur area. We will highly recommend, but ONLY for family and social....not geared for intense business needs!

Best, and glowing about this hotel,
Rita Mitchell-Waldoff

Room Tip: Our corner room 327 was divine!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here the week of New Years Eve and had such a nice time. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We had a minor issue with the ceiling leaking one day and we were immediately moved to another room and given credit for our troubles. There is a nice little indoor pool if you want to relax, a lobby bar and plenty of TV's and computers to keep you entertained while waiting. Very clean and modern.

Room Tip: I like the hotel lobby view room. It was pretty cool to look out the window and see the inside of th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

"I was in Decatur for a weekend seminar the last weekend of January. I found the hotel to be very spacious and clean and pleasant. I asked for a room on a high floor away from the elevators, and Roger at check-in honored my request and gave me a room on the 4th floor with a street view. The room was VERY quiet, spacious, and extremely clean. The bathroom was well-sized and clean. Every employee that I interacted with was friendly, cheerful and helpful, including the bartender at the restaurant and all front desk staff, especially Roger, who went above and beyond to make my stay most comfortable and pleasant. Knowing I was a solo traveler for the weekend, he made sure I had transportation to my seminar, restaurant advice, parking assistance and arranged a late check out for me without a problem. I felt the staff really worked hard to meet the needs of their guests. The hotel is really perfect for a business traveler with all of amenities, its huge lobby and workstations with plenty of outlets, and its fitness center looked spacious and had a good number of machines. Since it is so convenient (walking distance) to great restaurants and shops, I didn't eat many meals there but the one salad I had was decent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely go back solo or with my family."

Room Tip: Rooms facing outside, not inside lobby, are very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Room Tip: Some rooms face inward to the lobby; if there's an event it would probably be a bit noisy, so if...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel recently and used their parking garage and unfortunately we had our car broken into. Unknown to us was that the garage is not owned by the hotel but the city of Decatur. As to where else you could park is a good question. The hotel management was very nice to us and comped our next night while we investigated having our glass fixed in the vehicle and dealing with police reports. The hotel on it's own it very nice but just be aware of the parking situation and take everything that you own to your room. The parking garage does not have anyone on duty after 6:30 to watch the comings and goings of people.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a last minute need (only 3 days notice) for a block of rooms and catered dinner for 50. This was due to a death in the family and the Marriott Courtyard team in Decatur immediately stepped up to work out all of the details - in less than an hour we had the block of rooms set up and all aspects of the dinner planned (menu, room, tablecloths, etc etc). Winston and Darius were particularly helpful in pulling it all together with a sense of urgency, empathy and sensitivity to what we were going through. The food was excellent and the service outstanding! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Went to Atlanta for my birthday with wife and 4-month-old baby. Came back after being out for my birthday dinner and drinks at around 11PM. The lobby was packed with the after-party from a wedding that had taken place there. Our room overlooked the central lobby. When I got to the room, you could easily hear all the noise, and my wife had already called down twice (at 9 and 1030) because it was keeping her and the baby up. The front desk said security had been called to usher them out. Nothing was done. We then quickly discovered some of the wedding party was staying in our hall when we heard drunken yelling right outside our door from 11-12. I physically went down to the front desk and again, Security was going to handle it. By 1:30 they had finally all left or passed out. I never once saw security. It was horrible. Otherwise, nice hotel, good location.

1  Thank jasonbagua
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

jasonbagua - Thank you for taking the opportunity to post a review of your experience on line. I appreciate your feedback about the noise concerns in the atrium lobby and your hallway from the wedding guests. I apologize that our staff was unable to maintain an appropriate level of noise to allow your family to enjoy your stay. The basic expectation on any hotel should be they provide a quality night's sleep and we failed to deliver this. Please call me at 678-244-9300 so we are able to discuss in detail and come to a resolution.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Midtown
Loews Atlanta Hotel
Loews Atlanta Hotel
#4 of 173 in Atlanta
Affordable Hotel
#5 of 18 in Decatur

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory? Share your experiences!