“Great for Short or Long Stay”

Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Decatur
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel located in the heart of Decatur. It has a spacious lobby area and parking. It is within walking distance of great food and shopping. The rooms themselves are clean, spacious and comfortable. Parking is provided for a fee.
The only issues I had were with the bistro dining and the parking. There was not enough staff and the food seemed to be microwaved. The service for breakfast and the selection was much better.
I have parked in several parking spaces in southern Marriott's, I will ask a question instead of whining, why do the spaces have to be so tight? Still have scratch from last visit.
All in all a great place to space in a great town in Georgia!

Room Tip: Book this reservation by phone, yes a live voice answers, you can get best rate if you are a rewards...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Courtyard Atlanta Decatur on Clairemont Avenue is currently my FAVORITE HOTEL to use when traveling. I have stayed at this particular Courtyard on many occasions and each visit has been wonderful. The rooms are nice, quiet, & clean. The check-in/out stations, restaurant, & housekeeping provide friendly personnel & excellent service. The hotel store, computer center and work-out facility are amenities that make a hectic travel schedule more like a vacation. The hotel is located near a MARTA Station and is surrounded by absolutely wonderful restaurants--all within walking distance. I love it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had an overnight stay at the Courtyard in Decatur, GA. The place is beautiful, the staff is wonderful. I had a great conversation with one of the clerks at the front desk on check-in. He made me feel very welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Reese C
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My niece was married this weekend 5/3/14 and most if the out of town guest stayed at the hotel. The front desk staff was exceptional. My husband and I have stayed in many hotels over the years and this staff over the weekend was professional, and very attentive to everyone needs in our party. Not only was the hotel staff great the town of Decatur is wonderful place to visit, great eateries and store, just a lovely experience.

Room Tip: The attached food venue just mediocre ,but their was so many restraunts to choose from outside of th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2014

An excellent service property, everyone is very friendly, convenient to Emory University, good restaurants near-by. A very clean property. Not far from downtown Atlanta, but more of a business hotel. Still I would highly recommend it for a family.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, i like the higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for my college reunion. The location was great. We walked to a restaurant for dinner - had multiple choices. It took us no time to get to Agnes Scott. However, I must caution you that Decatur has become a "happening" place on Saturday night with lots of people and traffic. Getting in and out of the convenient parking garage was simple. The garage, itself, was tight with many concrete posts. Our room (531) was clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that at 7 am on Saturday we thought that either we were having a serious thunderstorm or the hotel was being bombed! It turned out that a garbage truck was emptying the dumpsters directly below us. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. We had breakfast in the Bistro on Sunday. It was satisfactory. We would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This terrific location in the heart of town is a pleasant 1-2 block walk to the charming shops, restaurants, and bars of downtown Decatur and the "MARTA" train for public transportation around Atlanta. Many of the rooms in this 5-floor hotel face an interior "courtyard", giving some of the rooms a pleasant view of the atrium, bistro, and lobby, but no windows facing out, or natural light. We were originally placed in an interior room (#512) the first night of our 3-night stay, but the staff cheerfully moved us upon request the next day to a room with an exterior view (#503). Sadly, the windows don't open, something for which the staff profusely apologized and said was corporate policy (come on, Marriott, give us just a crack!). Both rooms were adequately quiet, with no outside noise, only the typical hall noise. The staff was friendly in all of our interactions, although they were admittedly few, since everything went very smoothly. The rooms (both that we used) were clean and modern, with crisp white linens and "Paul Mitchell" hair products, which I like. There is an attached parking deck, which is useful since street parking in the area is metered and in-demand, but it is the smallest and most awkward lot ever, so bring your MINI Cooper or allow extra time to navigate. The charge is $4 each time you leave, so if you plan a lot of in-and-out, budget accordingly. Conversely, the WiFi is free, which is much appreciated. There is a nice gym and pool (which I only viewed), multiple TV lounges/nooks in the lobby with large high-def flat screens playing news and sports, and a lobby kiosk for printing boarding passes. The staff is helpful in advising about on-street parking vs. paid-parking deck, so use them. We were there for an event at a local college and received a group rate, which sweetened the deal, and it seemed like a great value for the experience. This is my second stay at this hotel, and I will gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Many rooms face a covered, interior "courtyard", giving them a pleasant view of the atrium...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Poncey-Highland
Midtown
Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#17 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory? Share your experiences!