“The Worst”

Super 8 Decatur/Lithonia/Atl Area
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Decatur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed here April 18-23. Prior to booking my reservation I read reviews, but decided to take a chance anyway. The room were a lot cheaper than downtown & I needed to be near Decatur anyway. I was a little disappointed there I couldn't check-in earlier than 2pm, but I myself work at a hotel so I understand. When I arrived there was a really nice lady at the desk, I think her name was Karen??? She was very polite, checked me in quickly, and was very helpful. My room was nice. I was disappointed that the website says the rooms have flat screen tv's and mine didn't. No big deal. The first thing I noticed was how clean the carpet looked. Well, when I took my shoe off it was wet! Apparently the carpet had been cleaned. My room was quiet. I was right above the lobby. I didn't have any major issues at all. There is one thing that did upset me however. I went to the front desk on a Saturday morning. There was an older woman with a really short haircut at the desk on the phone. It was clear it was a personal call. I stood at the counter for a while and while she's on the phone she's reaching her hand out. Well I didn't know what she wanted and she didn't know what I wanted and instead of putting the phone down to find out I had to wait on her to finish her conversation.. That to me is HORRIBLE customer service. When I checked out the lady (Karen?) was there and again very polite and friendly. The continental breakfast was basic but I wasn't expecting anything more. There are tons of restaurants in the area if you're hungry. Overall, my stay was pleasant. The price was right. I'd stay again if I had to.

• Stayed April 2013
Decatur
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Rude old women on duty, Not friendly, or professional. Has a Bad Attitude.
Rooms Stink, Air does not work, Night time is getto with Loud Music and people Partying.

No sleep and putting up with a staff who does not care in Not worth the 145.00 we spent for the two night we stayed there.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: Find another Hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank carlnsuzy
Super8AtlEast, Manager at Super 8 Decatur/Lithonia/Atl Area, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Hello Guest,

My name is Diane Harrison and i am upset to hear about your recent stay at my property. I am also surprised to hear about my rude staff as most of them have been here longer than me and the room not to be, to your satisfaction. My property was newly remodeled in 2010 and we recently under went another case goods and chairs re-fresh to prepare for the 2013 spring/summer business. Our rooms are in Top notch condition and the A/C units are only 2 1/2 years old. I can easily say that you will not find another Super 8 like ours for hours from our location.

I do understand your concern about the possible noise that you may have experienced while staying here but our hotel is located in a metropolitan area. i would like to rectify your concern and attempt to make you feel better about your personal experience at the hotel.

Please contact me directly at the property Phone and ask for Diane Harrison.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decatur
Quality Inn & Suites Decatur - Atlanta East
Affordable Hotel
Affordable Hotel
#4 of 17 in Decatur
Red Roof Inn Atlanta East - Lithonia
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lithonia/Stone Mountain
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta East/Stonecrest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia

Been to Super 8 Decatur/Lithonia/Atl Area? Share your experiences!