“I would spend a litte more somewhere else next time.”

Mountain Valley Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dillard
Lithia Springs, Georgia
“I would spend a litte more somewhere else next time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I didn't like the sink set up in the room. The toilet and bathtub/shower are separate from the sink. The sink is actually in where the beds are. The rack in the bathroom had been glued on before and when I took one towel off the rack, the rack partially fell down because it was not properly replaced in the first place. The water pressure in the shower was nice though but would have been nice if they had one of those massage shower heads instead. The walls are paper thin so they really need to do something about soundproofing the place. On Sunday Morning I woke up to a man just going nuts yelling and screaming at whoever else was in his room and for a minute I thought I was going to have to call 911 on the man. I didn’t know if he was going to beat the other person up or what! If you are a handicapped person, I would suggest you spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else. There are no elevators and the stairs to the 2nd floor leave something to be desired. The room was clean and comfortable, and the ladies at the front desk where friendly enough. The air in the room was cool. Considering it was the cheapest room we could get (with 2 double beds), in the area, for the price, it provided what we needed, which was a place to sleep for the night.

Room Tip: Not a handicap friendly hotel. AC unit worked good. The walls are too paper thin in all the rooms...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hebrew first
Baltimore Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed there in 2013 and if we get back to Dillard again this is were we would stay. The rates are reasonable and the rooms are very clean. The lady who checked us in was so helpful by giving us places to go visit. If you choose to stay here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank littleanniebear2
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This is a older hotel. The rooms were clean. It could use some updating. It is a good place to stay for a cheap price. The staff were very friendly. It has a pool for the kids. Walking distance of some shops and restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashlee F
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here while in the area visiting family. When I got to the hotel, I wondered if it was going to be nice. But I was so pleasantly surprised when I got to the room. It was very clean and had all the amenities I could ask for. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The room was bright and cheerful with a fridge and microwave. Best of all, the price was reasonable.

When I checked out, I accidentally left my personal pillow that I travel with. I called and they were able to find it for me. By this time, I was traveling with my wife and we were passing back through the area on our way to a wedding about an hour away from there. We were going to be spending the night in Blairsville and wouldn't have time to change clothes for the wedding if we stopped back by the Mountain Valley Inn to get the pillow. The owners let us change clothes in one of their rooms at NO charge so we were able to pick up the pillow and get to the wedding on time! That is service above the call of duty! I would definitely recommend that anyone stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank morrishj
Statham, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and stayed here on the way to Cherokee. It simple and clean. No, I didn't like the sink set up in the room. The fridge worked, Microwave was too old. The room was clean and comfortable. The air was cool. The pool was small but clean. We asked for a late check out and they asked for $10 cash which I thought was tacky. The sink in the room was semi-stopped up. Because it was clean and close by we would stay again.

Room Tip: Wifi was not good.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The rooms were very dingy, the sink, mirror, hair dryer & coffee maker were in a nook out in the sleeping area next to the bed, the vending machine was empty, the mattresses were horrible, my mother & I were both suffering the next day from sleeping on them & the woman I believe is the wife of the owner was very rude although the man was pleasant. Stayed one night & moved to another hotel which we were happier with

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tamara H

Travellers are raving about these Dillard hotels

Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the past 5 yrs I have stayed at the Mt Valley Inn for 2 to 3 week each year. The rooms are always clean. They allowed my dog and the people who own the motel are so friendly. For the price they charge it's a reasonable way to stay do your thing and feel comfortable.They do have a pool which they work very hard to keep up and is very clean. Don't know much about their breakfast but the have great places to eat on both sides of hotel. Great location to be to easily go see a lot.

Room Tip: Top floor on hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Gateway Inn & Suites
Days Inn Clayton
Days Inn Clayton
#3 of 3 in Clayton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin

Been to Mountain Valley Inn? Share your experiences!