“Basic but clean, friendly staff”
Review of Andy's Trout Farm

Andy's Trout Farm
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Basic but clean, friendly staff”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had our family reunion at Andy's Trout farm. Rented out three cabins near each other. Having the kitchen and living space was nice but my favorite part was the surroundings. When we checked in the lady was very nice and anything we needed she was happy to help with. My one and only complaint was that you could barely turnaround in the shower.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Visited November 2012

90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Great idea . . . needs some updating and better cleaning crew!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Had a great day! The big fish weren't biting so we moved over to the easy pond and it was all you could do NOT to catch fish! The trout was a pay per pound (pre gutting) basis and you can pay .75 per fish to have the cleaned and beheaded! Nice grilled trout for supper! The whole place needs a facelift. Everything just looks tired and worn. The cabin was fine for the price and what I was expecting from the online description. The only inexcusable things were that there were a bunch of light bulbs out and there were cob webs all over. They should go sweep out the place the morning before people arrive!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank lmari535
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very Rustic!”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at Andy's Trout Farm. It was very, very basic and not very clean. The lamp and table in the corner of the living room had dead bugs all under it with hugh cobwebs in the corner. It had a window air conditioner in the bedroom that wasn't very effective; thank goodness we brought a fan! The sofa on the porch outside smelled of dog and had the hairs to go with it. We crossed our fingers when we flushed the toilet; sometimes it took a long time for the tank to fill. The cabins are in a beautiful setting with waterfalls right outside, but they need a lot of work and updating. It was good not to have tv - we sat outside and talked till bedtime, but it would have been nice to go in to a more clean and comfortable cabin. We will not be returning.....

Visited August 2012
5 Thank pn4019
Commerce Township, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Rainbow trout for dinner”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Very friendly, helpful people working there. Everything was as promised. Good value for the activity. My daughter was so proud of catching two fish, all by herself. Would definitely go back if we visit the area again.

Visited July 2012
Fayetteville, Georgia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Perfect for an afternoon OR a week-long getaway!”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

When I told Teka, at the Rabun County Convention and Visitor's Bureau that I was looking for a place in Rabun County, Georgia, to take a group of 36 adults for a retreat, she highly recommended that I check out Andy's Trout Farm. I am SO glad she did!

I first fished at Andy's Trout Farm with my Granddaddy, over 40 years ago, so I already had fond memories of the location, which has remained in the same family. Sonya, the manager, made wonderful suggestions of activities and menus for my group, which sealed the deal.

Multiple generations of children have been introduced to the joys of fishing at Andy's! Everyone catches fish! Andy's trout farm is a safe, casual, beautiful location for an afternoon with your children and grandchildren, or extended visits with church groups, women's groups, retreats, reunions, family gatherings, weddings, and dance seminars. The property is near trout streams, rafting, horseback riding, and many other activities and attractions.

If you want to come for a few hours of fishing, there is a per pound fee for
fish caught in the pond, with a per fish price for cleaning. If you stay on the
property, or want to have an event there, you may choose to have your fish cooked for you. Their "per person" fee for retreats includes supper and a continental breakfast. Activities include fishing, gem mining, hiking, swimming, games, etc.

Sonya, her sister Paula, business partner, Diane, and other family members worked and played alongside us, to ensure that our event went off without a hitch. Andy's Trout Farm staff treated us like "family" and continually made sure everyone was having a good time.

The first night, we "fished for our supper" for a couple of hours. Afterward,
staff cleaned the fish. Within an hour, they served us our freshly caught
mountain trout with coleslaw and hushpuppies!

A local author, and another speaker who works for preservation of the Appalachian culture, spoke to us the first night. The second night, Sonya's Uncle, Jerry Cope, veteran square dance caller, taught our group some basic square dance figures on the large (35 X35) hardwood
dance floor. Afterward, we had "S'mores and Sparklers" outside the lodge, around the outdoor fire pit.

After a lunch at the nearby family style restaurant, some of our group shopped for antiques and others sat in front of the fireplace visiting with friends, while Sonya took a dozen of us up to the Rock House Waterfall on their property. Cherokee Indians hid near the falls during the Trail of Tears.

Between trips to local attractions, and after a day of sightseeing, coming back to Andy's Trout Farm/Macafee Mountain Retreat Center was truly like returning to our "home away from home." There is a comfortable, rustic feel to the property, which is nestled into the beautiful N.C. mountains, 5 miles from Dillard Georgia.

There are some very rustic cabins, by the lake, and some located right beside a beautiful, babbling stream. There is also an adjacent motel-like conference facility, which was unused for several years. Andy's Trout Farm/Macafee Mountain is in the process of renovating rooms, and upgrading the facilities, as they have time! The rooms are dated, but homey, freshly painted, and clean.

Facilities include relaxing seating areas in the lodge for visiting, a couple of
conference/multi-purpose rooms, a hardwood dance floor, an outdoor amphitheater, outdoor fire pits with patio seating, and more.

Not one person out of thirty-six gave me negative feedback, and everyone in our group wants to come back yearly. That is the highest endorsement I can share!

Visited October 2011