“You better be hungry”

Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Dillard House offers a Family Style dinning experience!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The service is superb and the family owned experience makes it a real joy to go back year after year. Horse back rides were fun for the kids, the scenery is gorgeous, the food is ALWAYS good (and much more than you can eat) and John Dillard is one of the best host in the business. My family has been going here for 40 + years and will continue for 40 more! If you are staying there, see if you can get a room in the old historic Dillard house and plan for some porch hours to relax and take in the view of the famous Rabun Gap Nacoochee school.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The food was excellent. The service... well the young lady that started with us, did not end with us - but the last server who took care of us did an amazing job. She kept coming back and checking on us. We did not see the beginning server the rest of the time. Did not know how to tip because of this. We wanted to make sure the 2nd one received the tip b/c she did the most work & was so helpful & kind.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

my husband and I have eaten here about 5 times now. all the food comes to the table in bowls,if you need more, they will bring more if you run out. you can also take it home if you don't eat it all. very good food. we will go back we are planning a trip for thanksgiving, I m sure it will be good

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was expecting the worst after reading some of the recent reviews but it was the same Dillard House as I remembered from several years ago. Family style lunch costs just under $20 per adult, just under $10 for kids age 3 and up, and toddlers under 3 are free. They also now have a second option. For $11.95 ish, you could order one meat and three sides.

My group went with the family style as we wanted to try everything. The service was good and quick. We asked for a little more of several dishes and they brought out full portions. After the meal, we were able to box up and take our left overs home. I wish I would have know that before we ate lunch because I would have ordered more of some things. But with what we had left over, we had a full dinner of left overs the next night.

The food was good but we thought the fried chicken was great. The only negative was that the lemonade tasted like sugar water.

Great lunch!

1  Thank inymdreams
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have visited the Dillard house every summer for over 10 years. It has always been a highlight of our annual trip to the mountains with awesome food and service. We made our trip again this year and were looking forward to visiting the Dillard House for lunch. I have used and wriiten reviws for Trip Advisor for several years and before our trip I looked at reviews for The Dillard House. I was shocked to say the least at all the recent negative reviews but we went there anyway As always, the reviews were spot on!!!! This place is going down fast.. Service was slow and had to ask several times for re-fills and never did get all the re-orders of food correct. The quality was poor at best. There were 3 in our party. When they brought out the fried chicken, they brought a wing, breast and a leg!!! I have had better chicken in a gas station.. The pot-pie had a biscuit floating in it with no chicken at all. The portions were not even enough for all 3 people to have 1 tablespoon each. Gravy for the cold rice was instant and looked like grease gravy. Some type of unrecognizable casserole and lima beans from a can.The other meat was a type of pork,, it was fair at best. The best thing we had was the apple butter...The tea might as well have been water it was so weak.. And then came the desert!! We were told it was peach cobbler,, I have yet to find a piece of peach in there... What a dis=appointment.. and on top of all this, the price has increased to $20 each!!!! This was by far the worst meal we have had on our trip.. AVOID this place and listen to the reviews on Tripadvisor,,, As always they are correct and accurate!!!!!

5  Thank RON R