“Great Stay !”
Review of Dillard House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dillard
Dillard House
Ranked #2 of 2 Dillard B&B and Inns
gainesville ga
“Great Stay !”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We loved the Dillard house. We went up to see the snow and enjoyed the clean room and wonderful southern cooking. The snow was beautiful and we enjoyed walking around the property. The rooms were huge and the bedding very comfortable. We enjoyed having the mini kitchen right in the room .. very convenient ! Thanks for a wonderful stay .. I'm sure we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank karla g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Thoughts of a relaxing cabin in the woods have turned into a cold icy experience. Booked a chalet for one night, but snow and ice hit Atlanta and we were stuck at home for 3 days. Even though the President declared a state of emergency and the GA Governor advised us to stay off the roads, the Dillard House Cabins are charging our card the FULL amount of our stay......Booked on the phone, cancellation policy not mentioned..no email confirmation either. Agent said they are charging the full amount even though I could not stay! Shame! Used to love going there to the restaurant - won't go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gpiqueen

Travellers are raving about these Dillard hotels

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at the Dillard house last weekend with my boyfriend for my birthday. Well we arrived on Friday afternoon and the property was beautiful, I checked in (no one asked me for an I.D. or anything, just told me where the room was and handed me two keys) We got to the room and it was not what I expected, the floor was so old and warped by the front door, it felt unsafe to stand on. The toliet was running but my BF fixed that. We went to dinner at the Dillard restaurant and the waitress did not say much to us, just started sitting food down at the table so we were a little lost as to what to do (I understand it is family style serving but they should ask if you have ever been there before). Dinner was awful, the food was bland and I barely ate anything (the selection was not what I liked either, I mean two cabbage dishes???) So that was $40 down the drain. We went back to the room to watch a movie, well the remote on the tv would not change the input so we messed with it for awhile then called the front desk. The girl came to the room and she could not fix it either so she went back to the office to call the cable company. Meanwhile, I had gotten hungry so I called for some food. Fruit salad and a caesar salad ($18), was told to come pick it up in 20 mins. We finally wiggled the tv around enough to find the manual input and my BF killed a bug which we think was a big tick. I got my food and sat at the table to eat the fruit salad, well a ROACH ran out from under the bowl! I was so disgusted! I was not sure if it had come from the food or was already on the table but netherless, I lost my appetite (there was $18 down the drain now, I was almost $60 in the hole and was still hungry!) Anyways, i tried to enjoy myself but after having to kill more roaches (in the bathroom this time), I went to complain. The girls at the front desk offered to switch me to another room but I had paid for the jacuzzi room and they did not have another one open. They honestly seemed like they did not even care the room had roaches all over it or that I couldnt eat the food I had just bought. Finally I asked if they could at least spray for us. The next day I spoke to the manager about it all and she offered a fireplace suite but again, I had paid for a jacuzzi suite. She told me that the ladies had sprayed for bugs while we were at breakfast and thats all she could do. I feel like they should have done something, been more apologetic or given me a discount on the room, I mean it was just a total waste of money and my birthday totally sucked. will not be going back to them again, and I will tell all of my family and friends (we live in the area) not to go either.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Kammie P
Selma, AL
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Love this hotel - The Dillard House is a family tradition for us, - arrive in the evening so you can have dinner and stay the night so you can enjoy the breakfast. We've also stayed in their chalets and houses - thanks for the great memories - see you again next year. The McKinney's

Room Tip: Great family trip - go up to Scaly Mountain too and snow tube - had a GREAT time!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have come here for lunch a few times, but this time we decided to stay one evening before heading home after a family visit for Thanksgiving. I have never written one of these reviews, but we have had such a great stay, I wanted to put another positive comment on here! We had lunch- and it was awesome! The ham was not to my liking,...but it is country ham. That's how it is! Everything else was good. We were able to take home our leftovers, so the cost covered our meals for the whole day! We had fantastic service- everyone was so friendly. Our plates were filled over and over, and when one of the servers forgot one thing, she returned with what we asked and was so apologetic! After lunch we watched the animals in the petting zoo (cute!). We also took a quick horse and buggy ride- another cute touch. Our room in the Oaklawn rooms- is perfect. Comfortable beds, mini fridge for all our leftovers, and lots of space. They had a wine/cheese social with Irish coffee, pulled pork sliders, fruit, sodas, desserts, etc. Between our lunch and the "complimentary social"- we are well fed and happy! We are finishing off the evening with a family movie in our comfortable beds. There is complimentary pastry, juice and coffee for us in the morning before we head south! We will be back:)!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the blueridge rooms and were pleased with the accommodations. The check in process was easy and staff members were very helpful. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, too. Beautiful views of the horse pasture where you could walk right up to the fence and feed grass to the horses.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in Chalets. Very plain and basic but exactly what we needed and very affordable. 2BR with 2BA with nice deck. Nice stone fireplace and great views. No wi-fi, hair dryers, dishwasher or condiments but we can live with that. Kitchen might not be big or complete enough if you wanted to do a lot of cooking. Chalet was clean and has daily maid service. One problem was with hot water handle on one shower but sure that is an exception that will be corrected.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Flyrod929
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillard
Knights Inn Dillard
#2 of 3 in Dillard
Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant

Been to Dillard House? Share your experiences!