“Garbage in the halls”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doraville
palm beach county
“Garbage in the halls”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Pubic hairs in the bathrooms. Had to stay here for baseball. Broken elevators. Rude management. Worst hotel I have ever been in. At least the housekeeping staff was polite and Antoine at fort desk was nice. The manager was not welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank cindyw777
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear cwhomeschool
I am sorry that you were less than satisfied with your stay. I am not sure what manager you spoke with but I certainly don't recall having met you. Again accept my apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Found location easily with GPS. Nice location for for peaceful rest. Friendly, efficient check-in. Didn't use outdoor pool b/c it was raining. Good shopping and eating within short driving distance. Overall, it was all we needed for our one night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear nlscotteyedr,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast strive to provide excellent service everytime. We look forward to your next visit to the Comfort Inn and Conference Centert Northeast.

Robbie
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife and I came down to Doraville from Darlington, S.C. to watch a Braves game during Final Four Weekend in April. I am a teacher and she is a nurse so we certainly are not rich. The price is right! Very affordable. We arrived a few hours before check in and they let us up to our room early. My wife is from Beijing and there are numerous Ethnic Chinese Restaurants in the area, that are really authentic. It is within walking distance to the MARTA. Took a train right into Atlanta and got on a shuttle to the Braves Game. It is a quiet location without all the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. Very easy to get into the city. We liked it so much we are coming back this weekend to catch a game and eat some good authentic food. Bottom Line-Affordable-Nice Location-Friendly Staff!

Room Tip: Higher Floors seem to be quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Croadst,
I want to thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. We always strive to provide the absolute best service and the most competitive price. I'm really glad that you found access to the city easy and enjoyed the eclectic area surrounding the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Have safe travels and we will see you soon.

Wash, DC
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The hotel was full and busy over the Memorial weekend I stayed: holiday, graduations, family reunions, school trips, and even an on site dog show. I did not mind sharing the hotel with several Afghan Hounds. Truth be told, they were probably better behaved then some of the human guests that weekend. The two gentlemen who worked the front desk during the weekend days were very polite and professional. The woman who worked the desk during the weekend nights, not so much. The hotel offers 24/7 coffee and tea in the lobby. Friday night and Saturday night we came in late from our outings and each night we came in, I wanted to take a cup of tea to my room. And each night, there were no cups, there was trash (empty creamers and sugar packages) strewn all over the coffee/tea area. The lobby was empty so why couldn't she straighten up the area and put out cups two nights in a row? Each night I told her there were no cups, and it seemed like it was a problem for her to go get cups from the breakfast room. They should have some stocked at the front desk. This hotel offers breakfast, and it's the basic continental plus breakfast that ends at 9:30am during the week, and 10am on weekends. Why can't hotels offer these breakfasts until 11am? I only made it one day. The room was fine, your basic hotel room, but there are no fridges or microwaves in the rooms here. It was obvious to me that the rug in the hotel elevator did not get vacuumed daily. Also, it was obvious to me that one day housekeeping had not cleaned our bathtub. I understand that the hotel was really busy, swamped that weekend, but that's no reason to miss basic things like that.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Business Traveler 2006

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. It is always our main priority to provide our guests with excellent service. Thank you so much for bringing this matter to my attention. I will definitely investigate further. Once again thank you so much for sharing your concerns.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Decent rooms for the price. Chair was torn, no fridge or microwave, horrible breakfast from the previous day(s), but clean overall. When it comes to customer service, this place has none!

We had made 2 reservations, first for 1 night (5/11), the second for 2 nights (5/12 & 5/13). We requested to keep the same room. Last night, the room key wasn't working. When my family tried to explain to Rebekah at the front desk that the reservation does not end until 5/14, she was extremely rude and started shouting! She said "you are not getting a room, without paying for it!" I have never heard of a hotel receptionist talking like this and shouting at customers for no reason! What is the matter with this person? I had gone 2 miles on the interstate when my family called me. I had to come back & show her my copy of the reservation. She also gave me a nasty attitude and talked to me in a very rude tone! I was not yelling at her I was not being rude at all.. I do not understand what was up with her. When she saw that our reservation really was for 2 nights, she started shouting and saying "I'm just doing what my boss told me to do. Someone here told me to do it for just 1 night, and that is what I was trying to explain to your family back there!" Then she simply handed us the room keys and did not even apologize once! Not once! I never knew this was even possible. I have never encountered this type of behavior anywhere.. let alone a hotel front desk. They shout at you over here! We will never stay here again. I did complain on their website.. not that anyone is going to look at it and take the time to teach this girl some manners. I guess where she comes from, people get rooms without paying for them.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank aj b
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear AJ B,
I appreciate you sharing your comments on your stay with us. I have indeed sent you a personal email on this matter and I am awaiting your response.

Robbie Patterson

Travellers are raving about these Doraville hotels

Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My lovely bride and I stayed at this hotel on a visit to the Atlanta Area while attending classes at a Massage Therapy Institute nearby.

After a horrible experience at the Suburban Extended Stay Motel about 2 miles away, we decided to search for a better place to stay the following month. Betty and I found this lovely, restful hotel close-by. Upon entering the hotel with our little Shih Tzu Gizmo, we were greeted by a very friendly staff at the front desk. A short period of time later, Robbie, the hotel general manager walked up to Gizmo and started loving on him.

I had explained to Robbie the horrid experience we had at the other Choice Hotel in the area as well as the exorbitant pet charge ($75) they made us pay. Robbie was stunned to hear of the pet charge and he informed us the pet fee would only be $25 for our stay the following month at his hotel.

The combination of Robbie loving on Gizmo as well as his explanation of Comfort Inn's pet charge was enough for Betty and I to make the decision to stay at Robbie's hotel next month.

Within 1 week of speaking with Robbie, I booked our reservation at his hotel for our 2nd Massage Therapy Accreditation Class in Atlanta. The reservation process was smooth as silk and the rates were very awesome.

1 day before our arrival to the hotel, I received a telephone call from April Gibson informing me that they would be charging my credit card on the day of the phone call. I had never heard from a motel or hotel before giving me a courtesy call regarding the charging of my credit card, which was absolutely wonderful.

Upon arrival in Atlanta at the Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, again we were greeted by the most friendly and accommodating front desk person named Michael. Michael was very polite and rapidly checked us in and gave us keys and directions to our room.

A slight problem with the room we were assigned occurred as a result of the previous tenants of the room had been smoking in a non-smoking room. We notified Michael and he immediately switched our room and escorted us to our new room to make sure we were satisfied with the 2nd room. The 2nd room was perfect and we stayed there for the duration of our training in Atlanta.

The room was very quiet, peaceful and serene. The housekeeping staff were quite friendly and cordial. They made us feel as if we were at home in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Another caveat to our fantastic visit was the complimentary hot breakfast served in the dining room of the Comfort Inn. The meal consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, cereals, bagels, sweet rolls, waffles, fresh fruits, yogurts, fruit juices, coffee, water. In my previous motel experiences, I had not encountered such a wide variety in a complimentary breakfast. Not only was the variety vast, the food was awesome!!!!!

Betty and I were so happy with our experience at Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, we expressed our feelings and experiences with Dr. Koeppel, our instructor for the Massage Therapy training we were attending. As a result, Dr. Koeppel is going to post on her website the recommended accommodations for her classes to be Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, which is only 2.5 miles from the Massage Therapy Institute.

In a nutshell, our experience at Comfort Inn, Doraville, GA, was one of restful, peace, contentment, and high quality professional service that I would expect from a Choice Hotel!!!

Robbie, April and Michael, many thanks for a wonderful stay my friends. We hope to see you in the near future as we continue our training in Atlanta.

With Highest Regard,

Scott Lawrence, LMT
Myrtle Beach, SC

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank scottk4sl
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear ScottK4sl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your compliments with us here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. I am so excited to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I do remember the day that you came in for the first time, and that adorable little fella you had with you. We love our furry guests and are always grateful to get the chance to meet them. Thank you for recommending the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast to the training facility. That is truly the biggest compliment of all. We look forward to seeing you guys and Gizmo on your next visit. Thank you again.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2013

After an horrible experience a month ago at a different hotel frankly I was not looking forward to returning to Atlanta. The Comfort Inn was in a word WONDERFUL. We took the dog and were not charged an arm and a leg for him nor were we given a second rate room because of him... The first room we got smelled like smoke and we were given another without a hassle in fact the desk clerk came up to make sure everything was ok. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Even though our room was facing the freeway it was very quiet. In fact despite the fact there were lots of folks staying at the hotel. Our room was quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was great the food was hot and tasty. The next time I have to go to Atlanta I will be staying here.

Room Tip: no worries they are all good except from maybe the ones right by the outside doors could be bit noi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
GM_ComfortInnATL, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear BettyL,
Thank you so much for your response. It always awesome to hear when our hard work and efforts don't go unnoticed here at the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I know they will be excited to hear them as well. We look forward to your next visit to the Comfort Inn and Conference Center Northeast.

Robbie Patterson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doraville
Studio 6 Chamblee
La Quinta Inn Norcross
La Quinta Inn Norcross
#10 of 38 in Norcross
TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center North Atlanta? Share your experiences!