“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Douglas
St. Augustine, Florida
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nice hotel, clean, convenient, great for a good night sleep. The main doors need some maintenance, but I was surprised as I found the AC on, on a very hot day, guaranteeing a nice cold room by check in. Older TV. Service friendly, breakfast average.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Miami Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2013

On the wall there was a HUGE NASTY BOOGER at the check in, the toilet tissue holder in the bathroom was coming out the wall, the refrigerator didn't get cold. If I had made a reservation to stay there for a week, I would have checked out. Since we were there for only two night for a funeral I stayed because we was there in the room that much. I was on the first floor in room 117.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I don't know what some of these people are saying. My girlfriend and I had a great stay at the Jameson. It was conveniently located near the town and the General Coffee State Park where we hiked/biked. The people running the Inn couldn't have been nicer. Our coffee maker didn't work; they had it replaced within the hour. They made recommendations about where to eat and other places to visit. I call this good old southern hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Douglas, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The manager was ugly and hateful to me when i called up there to ask a question. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank babygrl_182
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 October 2010

My room spelt of mildew and must, the bathroom at blood splatters on it, the maid came and woke me up early everymourning, and on top of that it was so loud. I will never stay hear again, it was so nasty and i wouldn't ever bring my customers with me again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bwilli13
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My worker and I both got sick during our 3 nights at the Jameson in Douglas, GA. I experienced sinus problems and allergies after waking up the first night and continued each night and morning of my stay. My worker experienced severe migraines, sinus, and broke into a fever of 104 by the end of our stay and resulted in a trip to the hospital for multiple tests including a spinal tap to diagnose his condition. Results concluded a viral infection. I believe their is a possible MOLD problem in the 2 rooms we stayed in, and the overwhelming fragrance from the cleaning products was to cover this up. This hotel should definitely be checked out to verify whether or not MOLD is the problem there!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CharlieJohns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2004

The staff at the Jameson Inn, located in Douglas, Georgia are terrific! Polite, attentive and friendly. The hotel is comfortable, clean and well maintained.

There are rooms with refrigerators, microwaves and coffee pots. That is nice when you plan on staying several days.

There is also a fitness facility and pool.

You receive true southern hospitality from the staff at this location.

The breakfast in the morning is incredible...biscuits and gravy, homemade waffles, cereal and of course GOOD coffee (lots of other goodies also, I just named a few).

How many hotels have you been to that have fresh cookies and beverages available in the lobby for their guests throughout the day?

They remember your name after you check in and actually say hello with a smile. What a concept...True Southern Hospitality.

These friendly details go along way when you are working out of town, away from your home.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member