Free cancellation until 05/08
Western Motel(Fitzgerald)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$70
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel for the price came for a baseball showcase at the nearby college and this hotel was just what we needed for half the price of the big chain hotels. Highly recommended for cash strapped family's. Their is no pool though. But great to just relax

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

After calling in advance & asking about a room then getting a price that was the same as the month before I got cash from the bank. Drove 6 hours after leaving home late & when I got there the price had changed. I was exhausted so after arguing a few minutes with a really rude front desk clerk, I counted up change from my truck so the kids & I could rest. I have no desire to return

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank BrutusMakes3
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

This is by no means an upscale hotel, but it is clean and very reasonably priced. We were hesitant when offered a room for only $50 when all the surrounding name-brand hotels were fully booked, but were pleasantly surprised at the comfort and cleanliness. Furnishings are dated, but that is a sacrifice I'll happily make for the price.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2014

I chose the Western based on location, cost and reviews, so I'm hoping that my stay here was the normal experience most others have. From the outside the motel is clean and inviting. The manager on duty was very friendly and informative of nearby restaurants. So I was looking forward to decent room for the evening. However, the outside appearance was not representative of the inside of the rooms. While the carpet may have been vacuumed recently, it neats to be deep cleaned or replaced - lots of stains around the table area. The bottom bathtub/shower had cracks that separated/opened when you stepped in, and a hole (about penny size) that appears to allow water to drain through. The dresser had four exposed screw holes in the surface where the TV was most likely previously attached to prevent theft. I am just hoping that this room has just been neglected because it is at the very end of the building.

Room Tip: I had the last room (at the end) downstairs so avoid this one until it is cleaned up.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I come into town every year to visit family. We used to stay at another hotel in the past, but not anymore. This place was great!!! The staff was friendly and helped us find our way around town. The rooms were in good shape with a microwave and fridge. This location was close to Wal-Mart and a few restaurants. I paid way more at other places and it wasn't worth the money. This is the only place my family and I will stay at when we visit Douglas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family