Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Douglas
US$74
US$76
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was briefly in Douglas on visit, walked in to this property and received a great rate on the spot. This hotel is in line with most of the Holiday Inn Express's. It was clean, the staff was super nice and the cookies in the lobby were actually good. Came with the standard free breakfast they offer, for the price you can't beat it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank minnow1982
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had two rooms reserved for a chess tournament. Our reservation came through perfectly and they honored our request for adjoining rooms. A plus!

The suite rooms are very spacious and kept well. One minor point - the shampoo bottles are difficult to tell if full or not and my shampoo bottle was almost completely empty. I was already in the shower when I made this discovery and did not ask for another bottle, although I'm sure they would have been more than happy to provide. Internet was free and easy to access.

Breakfast was fairly basic. They were out of pre-made omelets by the time I arrived and they were not replenished during the time I was there. I've seen these breakfast areas kept better at other hotels, but it was not bad.

Employees were courteous and kind. We had a pleasant stay and I would not mind staying again. I would look for cheaper rates, or cheaper options, however.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Fun F
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for such a small town hotel. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was a good size as well. The staff for check in and out made the process go quick and painless. Their breakfast was good and enough to get me on the move. The air and the wifi worked good as well since I need it for work. All and all it was a good price for your money stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Douglas on several occasions and have always been pleases. Fast and friendly check-in each time and the rooms have always be in good shape. Always fresh and clean. Bed was very comfortable and had a great air conditioner which was nice in that HOT Georgia heat ! Wi-Fi was usually pretty fast. Breakfast seemed to be lacking in taste in comparison to most Holiday Inn Express that I frequently stay at. Overall I would say this location is probably the best hotel in Douglas. I would surely stay here again if in town on business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Our motorcycle group stopped unexpectedly at this hotel. The staff was accomodating to our needs and very friendly. The rooms were very clean. Breakfast was good with alot of choices. The only think I didn't care for is the smell of smoke in the halls. Had a non-smoking room but a portion of the floor must have been smoking rooms too. Would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear xxStreetGlidexx,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to note that you found our staff to be accommodating and our rooms to be clean.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the smell of smoke in the halls, nevertheless, I am glad that you had a pleasant stay. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we strive to make your hotel experience a great one.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you you back soon.

Dhan M