“Recent 2 nights at Quality Inn Douglas GA!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Douglas

Econo Lodge Douglas
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Douglas
Tallahassee, United States
“Recent 2 nights at Quality Inn Douglas GA!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Overall, another Quality Inn that isn't updated but had a good night's sleep. Didn't find a very good breakfast there! Very minimal offerings and waffle iron didn't work right so went to Huddle House close by! Room was OK but not 3 Star! Did have comfortable beds though and slept well!

Room Tip: We were there to attend a BBQ Event in Nicholls GA a few miles away. Offered a pool side room but wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Immediately upon opening the door you can smell the bleach from the room being cleaned but you can also smell the dust. The main walkways on the carpet appeared to be vacuumed but a 2 inch wide area around all the walls is covered with a half inch of dust. Basically everywhere a vacuum won't easily reach. Anything in the room that isn't cleaned daily is also covered in dust. The bathroom floors had been mopped but not close to the walls and the toilet bowl was stained black inside. Turning on the a/c sounds like sleeping under the wing of an airplane. Loudest a/c we've ever experienced. It's a large property with lots of outside space that can't be used.They have a large pool and deck area but not one chair to sit on. Breakfast was a joke, not even travel lids for a cup of coffee. The whole place just needs an overhaul and TLC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
quality3799, Manager at Econo Lodge Douglas, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for bringing this to our attention we will work harder to make sure you have a better experience with us in the future, and we are sorry that there was no chairs inside the pool area it has not open as of yet but it should be open any day now. Thank you for taking the time to give a survey and we hope to see you soon!!

Travellers are raving about these Douglas hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights back in February, and I would definately stay here again. The bed was comfy, and the room clean. Also a decent breakfast and good service. Over all a good experience.......

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NateB4
quality3799, Manager at Econo Lodge Douglas, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thanks for the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at the Quality Inn..
Douglas, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My kids and I stayed at this hotel a few days. The rooms were comfortable and clean. But I didnt like that the owner kept charging me extra for my stay. For example when I checked in I was charged $60.18 but I noticed they charged me almost $70.00. When I checked out I noticed that I had been charged $30.00 extra. I called and spoke to the owner, he stated that there was a missing towel from the room......a towel, really? I told him I wanted my monet back in my account because I did not take a towel from his hotel or any other hotel for that matter. I absolutely hate when business owners try get over on their

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank maya_mcrae
Birmingham, al
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is an average place for area. Room was clean and comfortable. Seems crews working in area stay here. Hotel is old Holiday Inn, so rooms are large. There are not any restaurants within walking distance, better yet there are not many restaurants in Douglas. I found only 2 where you could get a drink with dinner, Ruby Tuesday and Fern Bank.
I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Council Bluffs, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Chose this motel over a cheaper one in town because it had breakfast and pool. Could not use the pool unless you wanted to go in green water. Yes it was October--but temps were in 90s during our 3-day stay there. Billboard advertised "enjoy our hot and healthy breakfast." Breakfast consisted of pre-packaged pastries, apple or banana (banana only if you got there early), coffee or joice. Biscuits and gravy were offered, but did not look appetizing. So it would have been better if we stayed at cheaper motel with no pool or breakfast. We had to go to Dollar General store next door for some duct tape to place around door. Was 2" gap at bottom of door and bugs were coming in. Next to last day there (while we were gone during the day) they patched parking lot and roped it off near our door in prep for new asphalt lay next day. Could not park near our door (no one informed us before). Glad we left next day so didn't have to smell that in our room. Desk clerks were not helpful at all. AC ran really loud all the time and did not cool room to satisfaction (it was in the 90's remember).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SPRING HILL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Douglas was an excellent stopping off point from our non highway trip back to FL from western SC. Douglas has hotels, restaurants, stores and gas stations which were all welcome after a full day on the road. We picked the Quality Inn because the price was right and the property had a pool. The hotel is very dated. There are no sprinklers in the room.
The pool was large, but it is painted green and until closely inspected, it appears to have green water...it doesn't, and the pool is very clean, but the appearance from afar may put off people. The room was large enough for the two of us, and it was clean except for a few carpet stains. We wanted a non smoking room, and it did not smell of smoke! The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was clean. The surroundings were quiet, and the hotel was conveniently located. The flat screen TV had a lot of channels. There were a couple of negatives. The air conditioner was VERY loud (I am used to central air which you generally do not hear). The breakfast was......free....but that is all I can say positively. The hot food was gone by the time we arrived at 8:30 AM. The manager was nice enough to bring out some boiled eggs from the kitchen for me. The family who walked in with us chose to go out for breakfast, as there was only cereal, toast, bagels, pastry & a little fruit. Our driving day was short, so we were able to find enough to sustain us until we got home in 4 hours. If our driving day was to be longer, we would have opted to eat out for breakfast.

Room Tip: The room was only $54 a night so the value & cleanliness were a good value. The pool is clean!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family