“Best Option from a Limited Selection”

Hampton Inn - Douglas
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Douglas
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Option from a Limited Selection”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I used to find Hamptons to be among the most consistent of chains, but I don’t think that’s the case anymore. This property was okay, but maybe I had to work harder at convincing myself because I knew I didn’t have a better option in this area, and I had to stay multiple nights on 2 different occasions, and I have another stay coming up, so I have to make the best of it. It just had a worn-out, tired feel, not sparkly bright and clean, but not gross. It’s planted in a parking lot, flanked by a Jameson Inn on one side, and some kind of fenced-in car repair or recovery business on the other, plus the bustling super Wal-Mart behind it. You can access it by crossing a rickety bridge over the sliver of grass (basically a storm drain, I think). I took advantage of that and brought my car in for an oil change and tire rotation, then walked back to the Hampton. A big plus is that I had all excellent interaction with and service from the staff… front desk to housekeeping to maintenance, even if just exchanging a “hello” in the hallway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indian Head, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an older hotel in Douglas but has been updated. The staff is very helpful, courteous and we never had a single complaint. The rooms were nicely appointed and very clean. We were most pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I will not stay at this hotel because of what I heard on the phone. I wrote a review a few hours ago and I do not see it on here. My friend was in the hotel parking lot near the back are by the pool. I heard someone yelling. I asked my friend what was happening and he said three women were back there and a black woman was yelling at the white woman telling her to get to work. The white woman said she was not on the clock. The other woman just stood there. Why would do this to someone in front of others, or at all. I would never stay in a place that treated people that way.
This was May 4, 2014 at about 9:20 am

Room Tip: Wow not too sure
Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Didn't enjoy the stay at this particular Hampton overall.

This chain is all over the place in terms of consistency from town to town. Anyone who stays in Hamptons probably knows this. Hampton here was not one of the best.

I had to change rooms three times. First room the fridge didn't work. Second the toilet didn't flush. Third was fine. No apology or comment on the inconvenience from the staff on duty at the time just here is your key. Okay whatever.

Then as I am getting ready for bed I close the bathroom door and see there is someone's hair stuck all over to back of the bathroom door. Not sure how but maybe with humidity and the hair dryer it stuck? In any event door could have been wiped down. Not good!

I was surprised there wasn't a desk in the room. There was a cocktail table and chairs. That was disappointing. So if you are expecting a nice desk setup for your laptop not here.

Dial on my AC didn't work. One speed all night. It was running when I came in and stayed on all the time. By this time I was thru changing rooms. Just dealt with it.

Also noticed a few things were out of order around the hotel like the ice machine on floor one.

Breakfast was good. Lobby area is nice. Guy in morning was nice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sk225

Travellers are raving about these Douglas hotels

Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Check in/out very efficient, quiet environment and very comfortable. I recommend for anyone needing a room in this area. Check in/out very efficient, quiet environment and very comfortable. I recommend this motel if you are in the Douglas, Georgia area. Check in/out very efficient, quiet environment and very comfortable. I recommend this motel if you are in the Douglas, Georgia area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Erwin, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited Douglas, Georgia to research housing possibilities for a possible relocation. Location is ideal for a trip to this town. It's property adjoins Wal*Marts and is an easy walk of about 300ft. Perfect for gather items to stock the in room Mini refrigerator/microwave combo. Hotel is clean. Good complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. Double room for our stay had 2 chairs and round table. It could use more comfortable seating. Feel that a replacement small recliner chair, straight table with nearby electrical outlets for computer, chargers and business chair would be of benefit. In comparison to other hotel choices in Douglas we believe this to be the number one property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay, everyone was helpful and friendly. My one complaint is the lack of a desk for working. The small round table in the room is great for snacks but not good at all for a laptop / working desk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
Fairfield Inn & Suites Douglas
#2 of 8 in Douglas
Days Inn Alma
Days Inn Alma
#2 of 2 in Alma

Been to Hampton Inn - Douglas? Share your experiences!