“New male front desk member 'extremely rude'”

Americas Best Value Inn Douglasville
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
“New male front desk member 'extremely rude'”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel needs an overall renovation, air conditioning units are old, the carpets are dingy, and the laundry area leaves much to be desired,some staff members need much Improvement in the customer service area and
poor value for the money, and lastly the new front desk male staff member is rude and dis courteous!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Gaily2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Once again I read the reviews , what do some people want for $50 per night ? When we arrived we were greeted warmly , and the room is really good . New carpet , decent TV ,good AC , decent bathroom , .... for a 5 day stay , we got a good deal . And we will stay here again for our time off .

Room Tip: Upgrade to a King bed , big soft and we slept really well .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander S
Douglasville
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here last week and I will stay there again. At first I didnt feel that safe just because the rooms are individual and to the outside, but the hotel is on a side street with about 3 other hotels and there arent people hanging out all over the place. The main lobby has a monitor with views from several cameras around the building.

Even though it's a simple place, my room was very clean. The toilet and sink was outdated, but again very clean. My room also had a microwave and refrigerator which were also very clean.

The cons are that the hotel is near the highway and it can be a little loud.

Overall it was a decent and safe place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank S S
Bedford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here and at a few other hotels in his area a week ago and this was by far the worst of the 3. This place was built in the 1960s for sure and is run down like you wouldn't even imagine. You can pretty much assume it's just a bed a TV and that's it. The clientele next to me was a little shady and didn't really feel safe at all. For me personally is rather pay a little more and stay at a newer place.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Joe667788

Travellers are raving about these Douglasville hotels

Pontotoc, Mississippi
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Pulled into here Monday evening after 11:00. The lady at the desk was very nice and accomidating. Provided me with a room quickly. The room was clean. The bed slept very well. The air and tv worked nicely. The breakfast was as good as any low teir motel. Room rate was great. Parking was great. For the price, this was a great quick overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Havelock, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I am very picky when it comes to hotels. I like clean, no bugs, and nice floor to where I do not feel I have to wear my socks all the time. Also with my toddler it needs to be clean. I prefer Hampton or Hilton however this trip we had our dogs (one being a lab) and also wanted to save some $$. Room 104 was clean and nice. The furniture wasn't as fancy as Hampton but bed was cumfy and there was tv. Even tho it was old it did the job. The bed isn't fancy either but I thought it was cumfy. Would stay here again. :)

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank The_freemans07
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I seriously have no idea how this place received no negative reviews. Ok, on the plus side, the staff seemed nice enough, and our room was clean. But, that's where the positive points end. The bed was old, rickety, and gave me one of the worst nights of sleep I have ever had. The blankets were stained, the water pressure was extremely low, and the walls were so paper-thin we could hear every word of every conversation taking place in both adjoining rooms.
Granted, our room-neighbor starting up his huge diesel pickup (with tailpipe pointed directly at our door with no weatherstripping around it) at 6 in the morning and idling it for 45 minutes until we were all sick from our room filling up with diesel fumes wasn't exactly the motel's fault (even though the staff could have said something), but at that point we had had enough. We should have sprung the extra 10 bucks for a much nicer place. Serves us right for trying to go cheap!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglasville
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Mableton/Atlanta
Days Inn Douglasville-Atlanta-Fairburn Road
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Atlanta / Marietta and Banquet Hall
Americas Best Value Inn of Acworth/Kennesaw
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Carrollton
Jameson Inn and Suites-Riverdale

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Douglasville? Share your experiences!