“Wow - who would have guessed it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gumbeaux's a Cajun Cafe

Gumbeaux's a Cajun Cafe
Ranked #1 of 173 Restaurants in Douglasville
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wow - who would have guessed it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We are in the area for a ball game and utilized trip advisor to locate a gem of a find. This restaurant was most wonderful suprise. I have had the pleasure of eating at some of the best eating establishments in New Orleans and this restaurant could hold its on against them. My meal started with chicken and sausage gumbo, followed by crawfish and sausage jambalaya. Both were wonderfully prepared in the spicy cajun style you would expect for the Louisiana delta areas. We finished off with a small bananas foster that was much larger than two people could comfortably consume. I should have mentioned that my jambalaya was served in a 16 oz bowl that actually weighed in about 2 pounds [needless to say, i already have lunch for tomorrow]. The portions were very large - i saw no one leave without taking along leftovers. The service staff were excellent. The only downside is that we had to weight an hour to be seated. We asked other folks that were leaving the restaurant if the meal they just had was worth an hour weight - they all said yes. I could not agree more. An excellent find if you are traveling between Atlanta and Birmingham.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank jmkeck

Brandon, Florida, USA
“As Good As It Gets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I've spent a fair amount of time in Louisiana over the years especially New Orleans. I've eaten in some of their best restaurants including Two Sisters, several of Emeril's places and Prejean's. This place can hold its own with the best of them. Everything from the good to the atmosphere is the best Louisiana has to offer. I can't get enough! I have yet to have anything that has been less than perfect.

3 Thank Bob H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great service, & great food and a spectacular atmosphere. Well worth the wait if you ever have to stand outside and wait to be seated.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank WestGa74
Birmingham, Alabama
“On a recommendation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

After coming out of Atlanta from a business meeting we went to this restaurant on a recommendation of a co-worker. This was a Thursday and we only had to wait about 8 minutes. Long enough to mull over the menu because it is vast. This was so New Orleans style and every bite of everything was delicious. I did have one bad experience as I bit into my fried oyster Po Boy I hit a piece of shell and it really hurt and may have damaged a tooth. That was nothing compared to the taste of the food and the service was great as well. I am planning on how to get back there again real soon. Try it!!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Marsha W
Carrollton, GA
“Excellent Cajun food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Everything I've ever had here has been delicious. My favorites are shrimp and grits, and grouper Ponchartrain. Both totally delicious. The Atchafalaya salad with sauteed crafish tails is an excellent lighter selection. The last time I had this, there was a bit too much garlic for my taste, though. Portions are huge and everything on the menu is delicious.

• Visited April 2014