“Above par for Holiday Inns”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
“Above par for Holiday Inns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before a 15 mile Iron Dash race. The rooms are clean however the hallways and elevator seemed to have a cigarette smoke smell. Might have just been me but it was very prominent. Easy in and out and courteous staff. Complimentary breakfast that to me was one of the best spreads. The employee who was stocking it and tending to it took great pride in his work and I admired his effort. Sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs, fruit, and other great items. Definite value for money.

• Stayed April 2013
Devan S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Wisemanwhos,

Thank you for taking time to address your concerns from your most recent stay. I would agree that the smell of cigarette smoke most likely wasn't the best part of your relaxing visit. Because the hotel has a smoking level, it is standard practice for us to use a Ozone machine whenever smoke is thicker than normal. It is possible that a guest or two may have just come off the elevator who had recently been outside smoking. Anytime you are staying with us, please feel free to let us know immediately how we can make your stay more comfortable as we truly appreciate your business and want you to feel confident with sharing our hote information with others. Also thank you for the breakfast and staff compliments. We do work hard to maintain a courteous team. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Devan-Dir. of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pell City, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

If you try to reserve a room by calling the 855 number, you go straight to someone in India who doesn't have a clue. Call the hotel directly at 770-920-9228, you might even help get an American job back.

Room Tip: Talk to Shay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank debbywilks
Helena, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

After a long drive we stopped at this property located near I-20 on the west side of Atlanta and have nothing but positive things to say. The room was clean, the staff was courteous, and the stay quiet. No safety concerns. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank civilengtiger
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Our firm's staff regularly stay at this HIX property in Douglasville. I just wanted to take a moment to commend the hotel staff for their consistently excellent customer service. 'Shay,' in particular, has a super sense of humor and a wonderfully warm and receptive way about her that makes guests feel welcome. Since our crews tend to stay from one-to-two weeks at a time, having accommodating staff makes all the difference when you have to be away from home/family. Thanks for making our out-of-town stays a bit easier to bear!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Ellie H
Hartselle, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Great place to stay, close to many good eating places and a huge mall close also across from Cracker Barrel and Wal Mart. Very clean and rates are great and they treat you with many extras I have stayed at this place over 5 times and always very happy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JEFSUSHAY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

This place is a trick the outside of the hotel is nice and clean. Even the lobby is nice and clean but once you get to the rooms..AWFUL!! Roach traps behind the furniture..and the furniture used is a understatement..looks like they got it from a Motel 6 auction. Don't waste your time at this Holiday Inn!! Holiday Inn should close this place until they do a full renovation on this place!!

• Stayed November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

In my frequent travels I normally enjoy Holiday Inn as a money saving yet excellence accommodations hotel of choice, so much so that I have stayed so many times in their hotels that I gained enough reward points to redeem a night. I choose to redeem my night at that this hotel while visiting a friend in Douglasville and boy was I not impressed. The hotel staff was very nice, hotel I can't say the same for the so called "executive king suite" they put me in. The room was very spacious which was the ONLY good thing I can say unfortunately. The furniture was out dated the couch in the suite had stains of some sort all over it to point I was so grossed out I refused to sit on it but the major issue that was just a deal breaker for this particular Holiday Inn was I walked into the restroom flip the switch and not one but several roaches scattered!!!! WHAT!! I have stayed at several Holiday Inns and NEVER experienced that before. The bathroom was not the cleanest and after seeing the additional guests staying in the room with me uninvited (roaches) I quickly checked myself out of this Holiday Inn HIGHLY UPSET that I WASTED MY POINTS on this roach motel. I will never return to this hotel and will not recommend anyone else to. If I wanted low quality, I would have chosen the Laquinta or Sleep Inn next door.

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo