“Value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Douglasville
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here 1st week of August for 2 nights. Location is very good. Lot many eating places opposite the hotel. Shopping places including Walmart just 3-4 mts walk away. Very close to the Interstate. Check in and check out was very fast. Hotel is clean, rooms are well maintained. Breakfast was good and well managed at all times.. Son drove down to work in Atlanta from here and found it convenient. There is coffee, candy and fruit basket all the time near the reception area and found it refreshing. We stayed in a couple of Holiday Inn express hotels in July / Aug but didnt find this in other places. The staff were always smiling and helpful.We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Mumbai,

Thank you for taking time to write this reveiw. We are so happy to know that you had a great stay. I would agree that our location is very close to lots of restaurant options as well has retail shopping. We are pleased to know that our hotel met all of your expectations and we welcome you to come and stay with us when in the area. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Midlothian, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I had higher expectations for this hotel. On arrival at night, the parking lot and drive through entry were welcoming. The interior decor was a little aged in the lobby. Desk clerk was polite and got our keys quickly. Quite a few teens just "hanging out" in lobby/breakfast area. Elevators and hallways to rooms were dingy looking. Room was comfortable and updated. Pool was crowded and inconvenient having to cross the low light back parking lot. Felt safe and slept well in room. Plenty of breakfast options and food was OK. Would probably not stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of completing new upgrades to our property and would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Douglasville. The hotel is located conveniently off of I-20 and within walking distance to a few restaurants and shopping centers. The hotel staff was helpful and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable. The rooms appeared to be updated, but the hallways and exterior appeared to be a bit more dated. The hotel was pretty much at capacity with a few travel baseball teams also staying at the location, but the staff did a nice job of keeping everyone moving and were prepared for the rush (breakfast, check-in, etc.). Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear BlakeD657,

We thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay even though we were having a busy weekend. I would like to mention that we will be in the process of having all of the hallway carpets replaced soon. Thank you again for the kind words regarding our staff and property. We would love for you to come and stay with us again when in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I wanted to write this review to recognize the staff at the Holiday Inn in Douglasville for the exceptional job they did for me a few days ago. The level of service that they demonstrated to me was such that after promising them I would do this review, I came back to the hotel several days later to keep my promise. I was at the business center with three foreign exchange students from Mexico who, prior to our departure wanted to use the computer. The front desk employee, a very professional, polite and humble young lady was gracious enough to direct us promptly to the right computer and let the four of us "bumble" through our task for quite some time. She was very patient and demonstrated nothing but a willingness to help us and gratitude for our visit. She was also accompanied by an equally polite and professional young man named Omar. He, like his colleague made us feel very welcome and appreciated in his hotel. He was very helpful and even offered his personal time and energy to assist my companions with the website that was geared towards an American tourist. Congratulations Holiday Inn for employing these two outstanding individuals and seeing the self worth in both of them. They are the reason why I will continue to visit this hotel in the future and give them my loyalty. They demonstrate the character traits that show me why you are a successful corporation. They made me and my companions feel appreciated and special. Even throughout the lengthy time that me tied up the computer in the lobby. LOL.

Room Tip: See Omar or his colleague while checking in. They will ensure that your stay is a good one.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Drewclynch,

Thank you taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that our front desk staff went above and beyond to ensure that you and your students were taking care of. We appreciate all of the kind words that you have expressed regarding our staff and I will make sure that Leo and the other staff members are aware of compliments that you have given them. We strive to ensure that we give each of our guest world class customer service. We thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. I was concerned about renovations going on and location. This hotel is in a great location-close to restaurants and stores. We stayed in a king suite. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable also. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. I felt that I was in a safe area. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tedison2
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Tedison2,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and hope that you will come and stay with us again when in the area.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Currently undergoing renovations, but overall the stay was great.

Staff was great, friendly, and very helpful.

Room was very nice

Breakfast quality was awesome.

What you expect from HI. We'll stay here again when we travel through Georgia

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michael D
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Michael,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide you and your family with a great experience. We would love for you to come and stay with us again when in the area.
Wendover, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were visiting family in the area and had a huge choice of cheaper hotels to choose from. Eventually, we selected this one. We stayed for 9 nights.

On entering the hotel, the entrance lobby was clean and tidy. My only critique is this is also the breakfast area for the hotel.

Overall the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room cleanliness was superb. My wife actually said it is the cleanest she's ever stayed in - relevant to similar hotels.

Location is close to local amenities and small shopping area - Walmart etc - as well as easy access to the I20.

Despite signs stating the hotel was undergoing refurbishment, we saw and heard no sign of this.

This hotel provided complimentary breakfast way above others we've stayed in. There were cheese omelettes, biscuits (scones), bacon, boiled eggs, grits and Turkey burgers. Choice of fruit, cereals, juices, tea, coffee and milk. Don't forget the yogurts and of course - THE PANCAKE machine!! SUPERB!

WIFI is included but like most hotels this can be a bit hit n miss in the rooms themselves but great in the lobby. They provide a computer with internet access and a printer in the lobby. Perfect to research the area etc and for printing off Boarding passes etc.

Other than my one small critique above, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LesterWellington
Devan S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta W (I-20) Douglasville, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Mr. Wellington,,

We thank you for taking the time t write this review. We are so excited to hear that you have such a wonderfule stay. We are pleased to know that our staff provided great customer service, that our breakfast bar met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy some of our local shopping. We also appreciate the feedback regarding our lobby and breakfast area. If you are ever in the area again, we would love for you to come and stay with us again.