“A Comfort Inn "Keeper"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A Comfort Inn "Keeper"”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

After a very long hard drive In a terrible rainstorm, I was ready for a comfortable evening of rest. And boy did I find it at this Comfort Inn. Just outside of Atlanta, it's a great location.
The staff was so accommodating and made sure I had a room just right. The price was unbelievably affordable for such a nice hotel. My room was clean, the bed was so comfortable, the breakfast was very fresh and very tasty and I really did have to leave the next morning.
It is a little strange to get to off the interstate but well worth the few turn you have to make.
I wish I could find hotels like this everywhere I travel.
If you're ever heading to Atlanta or to Six Flags , I recommend this location...

Room Tip: 201 or 301, both rooms have a great little seating area just outside the door for relaxing with frie...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Allen-Hospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for your comment. We know how important it is for the parents to have somewhere comfortable after a day at the parks and we have been working on offering the complete package (hot breakfast, friendly service, clean rooms and everything one needs to re-boot from a day at the park with the family).

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Plano, TX
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and daughter stayed arrived late on Thursday night July 5th for one night. She said she enjoyed her stay and felt it was a nice hotel. She mentioned that the breakfast was very good, which I would grade as excellent as she usually isn't very impressed with the in hotel breakfast offerings at many hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, Management Company at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Good day, my name is Evon Allen and my company has been contracted to operate the Comfort Inn, Douglasville, GA. Thank you for your comment, we are pleased that we were able to take care of your family in your absence and do continue to travel. As well as continue to provide feedback so the industry can improve.
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Driving through from NC to Mississippi. Rate was great (AAA) for two queen bed. . Nothing fancy, but everything looked neat. Perfect for a rest after long drive. Breakfast was good. Staff at night was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The staff was wonderful, the bed was very comfortable, and the rate was quite reasonable. Although the room didn't appear dirty, I discovered that it wasn't very clean. When I showered, I spilled some water on the floor. When I wiped it up, the towel was filthy. In addition, there was mold growing on the shower curtain and the room smelled slightly musty. On the positive side, there is a decent complimentary breakfast and the hotel is right off the interstate exit. There's is also a nice small outdoor pool and an exercise room. Since most of the reviews of this property were very good, I assume perhaps my room was the exception and not the rule, so I won't recommend not staying here!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Management Company Representative at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Good day MikeMoAtl, My name is Allen and I represent the company that is currently contracted to manage the property. Thank you for choosing to stay with our location as well as your comment on the stay.

As a result of your feedback we have gone ahead and changed out all the shower curtains and installed new ones that are not cloth base. We have also gone ahead and purchased new mops for the housekeeping staff.

Your comment is and will help us to provide a better quality of service. Hope to see you soon.
NE Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was a great hotel for the price point it's in. We stayed here with our baseball team for a tournament and everything went very smoothly. Boys had a great time in the pool and enjoyed watching the Braves game in the lobby. Breakfast offered a wide variety of items that made everyone happy. Our room was updated and very clean. Nice large bathroom too, not the kind you can barely turn around in. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Tupelo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Spent one night here on Saturday July 9th, 2011.

This was a couples getaway. The hotel was very accessible, and very clean.

All the staff were friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was that the frotn desk signed me up for their frequent traveler program without asking me first. Other than that, no complaints.

This was a couples getaway, so we chose a room with a jacuzzi.

This was not your typical run-of-the-mill jacuzzi. This was a gigantic two-person jacuzzi. This thing was so big you could almost sleep in it. The jets were not too strong, but be forewarned - if you are a petite person, the jets will literally scoot you across the tub. One of the most hilarious sight I have ever seen!

They also advertise a heart-shaped jacuzzi, but I don't think it could have compared to this one.

Granted, the $149 rate 'stung' a little bit, but this room was so nice, I would gladly stay here agian.

This was a non-smoking room, and it smelled CLEAN. Not from cleaning chemicals, just a pure clean smell.

The location is great - just far enough from the interstate, and just far enough from the highway so that noise is a non-issue. Close to just about any restaurant you could think of, and lots of great shopping nearby, including a mall.

Gipson's Bar is about a half-mile away, a landmark nightspot in Douglasville.

If you stay in Douglasville, consider the Comfort Inn - you won't be disappointed.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I had a blast excellent service -very personalized ...management was friendly..will strongly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Allen-Hospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen, my company Evon Allen Hospitality Management has been contracted since August 2011 to operate the property and we are estatic that you found the stay up to par in service and quality.

We hope you choose to stay with us in the future as we have a number of capital improvements lined up which will greater impact the quality of your stay.

Thank you again for posting your comments and thank you for traveling.