“Not up to Par!!!!!”

Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
“Not up to Par!!!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My room was disgusting...I had mold stains on my pillos case,the Wall paper was peeling,the iron aboard had no cover,their were no trash bins in the room...the room smelled dusty....the only season I was forced to Stay is because there were no rooms available in the area and we were traveling....The state however was nice....breakfast was okay..I have pictures of Mt room....I am disappointed!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
January W, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I do apologize for your inconvenience, however I checked the room when you left and that was Not mold on the pillow case. It seemed to be make-up, eyeliner or something. I compensated you before you left and you seemed happy with that. Nonetheless, Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I leave you this review because when I mentioned these issues to staff members several times, they simply replied "Im sorry, we have had alot of problems lately" While honesty is best policy, action to correct things ASAP is good business practice.

Upon check-in went to room that was warm. Turned AC onto 70 and it did not respond. Switched fan from "auto" to "high" and no response. Called desk and reported issue at 330pm, I was told maintenance were going to come up and fix at 4pm it started running a little, so I called and informed them, and they said they would send maintenance to check anyway. After I hung up unit stopped working. So I stayed in room until 530pm and no one showed up, called desk back and they said " well our manager just sent the maintenance guy home, so you will have to wait until tomorrow."

At this point I had to set temp to 60 just to get the unit to work a "little", woke up several times in a sweat.

Went to a conference, and when I returned they never came by to check, frustrated and only 1 night left I battled through it and left.

Next item, no ice machines worked on property. My wife spent 30 min checking everywhere and no luck, she then went to front desk but couldn't get anyone to help. On checkout I mentioned this and I was told "we could have gone in kitchen to get you some" I replied how long was ice machine out, and was told "a month or so" I said that was unacceptable.

Next, in room fridge doesn't have controls to adjust or turn unit on or off, could never get it to 40 degrees (i carry a laser thermometer for business, so I checked). Bring a cooler and ice if staying here.

Next, bed was very hard and uncomfortable, but pillows were nice.

Finally breakfast was something to be desired (also only served from 6am-9am, at 9am everything is shuttled out quickly. Only hotel I ever been to that ended before 1030am). Only one waffle maker, and a 10 minute wait to make one. Eggs were frozen/microwaved and tasted of play dough, sausage gravy looked good, but was cold and completely flavorless. Many were lined up for microwave to heat it back up. Biscuits were items baked on a day other then this day. Hard as a rock and plain awful.

Pool is outside and only opens memorial day to labor day. The inside had a hot tube that was luke warm and water very cloudy, prob would suggest avoiding this one for safety purposes and the hot tub area void of towels and lots of used glasses around the room.

On a safety note, check outlets at kid level as I found one where half the face cover was broken and missing, exposing wires to possible interaction with fingers.

I never asked for a refund or discount (but would have been presently surprised if they offered some compensation)

Good Information allows us to make educated decisions.

Ryan
anyone at Wyndham or this hotel is welcome to contact me at rjolly@jollytechnologies.net

Room Tip: dont use hot tub, bring cooler and ice with you, check rooms ac before unpacking, and check outlets...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
January W, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
I would like to start off by apologizing to you and your wife for, in your opinion, a less than stellar stay with us. However, I would have to regretfully disagree with you on most of your review. In regards to the A/C, as we were sending maintenance up, you called us and said the A/C was working fine and that he was no longer needed. We asked if you were sure and you replied, yes all was fine. We're not in the business of leaving our guests waiting around for their concerns to be addressed, we handle all concerns immediately.
Secondly, we do have ice machines on site. They are located on 2nd and 4th floor and we also have one on the first floor as well. The reason I offered you the ice from 1st floor upon check out is because you did say you couldn't find them, nor did you call to ask.
Thirdly, our breakfast hours are Monday-Friday 6am-9am and Saturday-Sunday 6am-9:30am. This is noted in the Lobby as well as mentioned upon check in. Also, everyone Loves our waffles and if we are busy there may be a short wait as we do have to serve ALL of our guests.
Furthermore, the spa was actually closed on the dates that you were here so I'm not certain how you are even able to speak on our spa being it was not available to anyone.
Lastly, we absolutely Do Not have any light sockets anywhere in this hotel with wires hanging from them.
With all of this being said, I personally saw and talked to you every single morning and afternoon of your stay and you Never one time voiced any further concerns with me. So, how would you know what type of compensation we would've given to you if you never told us you had any problems at our hotel?
I stand by the fact that we are customer driven here and we don't take customer complaints lightly. If there is an issue we address and fix the problem Immediately. Again, I will apologize to you if you felt somehow we did not meet your needs. If there is ever anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call.

Thanks,
January Wilkinson
Director of Operations
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

December checked us in when we arrived. She was a breath of fresh air....the picture of customer service. She remembered our names and greeted us every time we walked through the lobby. The rooms were very clean and comfy. The cleaning staff works very hard. Our room was very quiet and we were there during the SEC Women's Basketball Tournament. Lots of choices for breakfast. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as waffles and other assorted fruits and pastries. Great price for a great hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor, but I think any room would be great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
January W, Public Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! You're right, December is a wonderful young lady! I will definitely let her know she made your stay with us an excellent experience. Thank you for your review. We certainly hope to see you again!!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Only stayed one night, got in around midnight. Found room was not reserved correctly, but that was on Booking.com.

Room was nice enough, seemed clean and no real issues.

Bed was not comfortable at all.

Decent enough breakfast

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
January W, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We'll see you soon!!