“Quality Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
sarasota
“Quality Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Kudos to the staff: check-in, wait staff at breakfast, and check-out. Everything was perfect. This property provided quality customer service. We were extremely pleased and will more than likely stay at this Hilton again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear rodrigoSarasota,
Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Garden Inn - Sugarloaf! We take great pride in providing a superior guest experience for our hotel guests. We’d love to have you back as our guest again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sunnyvale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel's lobby is impressive and the staff friendly. Lobby is always bustling with people at night enjoying some drinks while finishing some business.

The rooms ... Awful! Bathtub is in need of a paint job. When I called the front desk to inquire about it they said it was just the paint job that was peeling. Apparently maintenance is not a high priority at this hotel evidenced by the piece of gum I found on the night stand.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear momoftwo0129,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I am are very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Location
Excellent. There is a mall just across the freeway with a movie theater, there are nearby restaurants and a Kroger. If I had business in the area again, I'd certainly pick this location. 5 out of 5.

Amenities
An exercise room, pool, spa, there's a KEURIG in the room... and free wireless Internet access, so all my big ticket comfort items were well accommodated. The Internet did lag, I had a difficult time watching trailers for the movies in the film festival. For anything else though, no problems. The Keurig makes up for it... Upgraded soap/shampoo in the room Neutrogena products. 5 out of 5.

Comfort
The thermostat works. I was cool enough even in the blistering summer heat. The bed was comfortable... not quite a Marriott bed, but it was fine. Pillows were soft, fluffy, plentiful. Bedding wasn't plush, but it was good quality. My only real nit was with architecture... the bathroom was enormous, but the sink space was TINY. There was no room to spread out my toiletries, no place to hang my bag to make up for it and no drawers! Much less room for hair products, styling implements and the lighting wasn't great. Perhaps that's because I was "upgraded" to an accessible room... (yeah folks, I don't really consider the accessible suite an upgrade just because it has two rooms... especially when I paid for the upgrade... I'm just saying, it wasn't an improved experience, though I had more room and I didn't say... "don't put me in an accessible suite!" but for future reference I don't think many people will consider that an upgrade unless they need the accessible elements.) I have to say that had I needed an accessible room, that tiny cramped sink would have been a bigger pain. Seriously hotel architects... it's a huge room... put in a bigger sink. 4 out of 5

For the cost, I'd expect breakfast to be included, but at $9.95, it wasn't ridiculous, though you can drive up the road and grab Panera for less. The "restaurant/bar" arrangement being right out there in the lobby didn't really seem very inviting... I guess they are going for "homey" but without servers being visible, I never really knew if it was open for business. There is lemon water in the lobby and coffee in the early part of the morning. 4 out of 5

Staff
Terrific, friendly, greeted me every time I passed anyone, from the desk clerks to the housekeeping staff. 5 out of 5

Cleanliness & Maintenance
It was very clean, but not neat freak clean... there was soap scum on the upper tub surfaces under the faucets... there was prior guest trash in the desk drawer. The lobby area, hallways were all clean and in good repair. 4.5 out of 5.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I'd stay here again if their rates were lower than the Marriott across the street.

Room Tip: Suites do have a little insulation from the general noise of a hotel when maid service is cleaning e...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback of Hilton Garden Inn Sugarloaf near Gwinnett Center! We do appreciate your honest review, as it helps us to make the necessary changes that will improve your stay the next time you hopefully stay at the Hilton Garden Inn – Sugarloaf. Our staff takes great pride in making your stay memorable. We are so glad you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel, such as the new Keurig coffee machines. Again, thank you for allowing the Hilton Garden Inn – Sugarloaf to be the host while you were in the area. Hope to see you next time!
Durham, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very nice hotel, my room was very good. Hotel was in a great location. Close to the mall and great places to eat. Medievil Times was even in the mall. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I do not have any further information or comments about the hotel or my stay. All that I can say it that it was an overall very good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Sammy W
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! Our staff takes great pride in making your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the near future.
New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

nice location good staff and terrible air condiotning noise impoossible to sleep Breakfast is reasonable price for a hotel but poor selection to eat healthy nice lobby clean and safe area the air conditioning system is very noisy and keeps turning on and off all the time to maintain the room temperature impossible to get a nights sleep with thenoise

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMgmt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Jack M
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Sugarloaf. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we are very sorry you were unhappy with the A/C Unit in your room. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Duluth, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

What a nice hotel it is! The room is clean, staff is kind. I found the hotel easily, location is good. I wanna stay again. Moreover the price is acceptable. Bed blanket is white so I realized that hotel is reliable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Hyunkyu L
We appreciate your time in reviewing the Hilton Garden Inn Sugarloaf near Gwinnett Center and Arena. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We’d love to have you back as a guest of the hotel again soon.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

While the servers at breakfast were excellent and the food was of very good quality, the front desk staff was not very friendly or helpful. In addition, the Internet connection was very slow and spotty.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear UpscaleTraveler5
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Sugarloaf. We are very sorry your experience did not offer you the quality of service you deserve; please accept our sincere apology for falling short during your stay. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future so that we can show you the service that is expected.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center
Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County
Residence Inn Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Homewood Suites Atlanta I-85-Lawrenceville-Duluth

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf? Share your experiences!