“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Virginia
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

Great hotel with extremely comfortable beds. The bathroom was rather small but the rooms were very roomy. I really liked the decor of the room, very different from other hotels.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Streetsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2009

I visit my sister and her family every other month...this is my new favorite, primarily due to location. I know Atlanta fairly well...I usually stay near a mall - either Perimeter or Gwinnett. Although I have two favorites in the Perimeter Mall area, the Hyatt Place is my favorite in the Gwinnett Mall area. The hotel is very clean. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The rooms are nice - refriderator and sink area, but no microwave. The beds are comfortable. I've stayed in king and double rooms - both have a sectional with a pull out sofa bed. The bathroom is rather small...the toilet and tub are together and the sink/vanity are outside...privacy is limited, closet space is also limited. The decorative pillows are getting a little worn...but you won't need them anyway! The free, continental breakfast is edible but not the best. They have a very cool order system for hot food - but the food is not that good (pre-cooked, then frozen, then "cooked" in a microwave)...no problem...there are several restuarants in the area, in addition to the food court in the mall. The location of Gwninnet Mall (3 minutes) and resturants (3-15 minutes) are nice features - it is not far (15 minutes) from Ronald Regan highway - Perimeter Mall is about 30 minutes (south), Mall of Georgia is about 20 minutes (north), Discover Mills Mall is about 15 minutes. A special note to car renters: I rent a car each visit - one anxiety you typically have about renting a car in an unknown city is the decison to purchase fuel as part of the agreement for fear that you won't find a gas station, in a safe area, before retuning the car...in enough time to make your flight! Another great feature is the location of gas stations relative to the location of the hotel and travel to the airport - I have tried this several times in both an ecomony car and a mid-size car - If you purchase fuel (fill up) at the gas station right before entering I-85S, you will make it to the airport/rental car agency still with a full tank! Caution - I don't know if this is case for full-size or SUV's but again, it has worked for me consistently with smaller vehicles. I have stayed at this Hyatt Place in July 2008, September 2008, November 2008, January 2009, March 2009...I will be there in May 2009 - If my positive opinion changes, I will let you know!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2009

My husband and I had reservations at this hotel for several months, and we arrived with confirmation in hand - only to be told that the people in front of us had gotten the last available room. Please understand that this was told in a very dismissive manner by the front desk clerk. His attitude deteriorated when questioned about what we were to do about the situation. In fact, he was almost shouting about how it was standard procedure in the "hotel business." Well, as a frequent traveler for business, I must say that I have never encountered such treatment at any Marriott or Hilton property. I was appalled, to say the least.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
ATL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2009

When you fly into Atlanta and stay in the hotel you expect the room to have;
1. a working fridge
2. TV remote control to work "all the time"
3. hair shampoo and conditioner
4. just coffee and no creamer or sugar

The fridge did not keep my water cold, even though the fridge was running and I tried to adjust the fridge temprature.

The TV remote control batteries were run down- after using the remote 3-4 times it did not want to switch channels-I had to walk to the TV or wait a few minutes for the batteries to recover.

There was no hair shampoo. In all other hotels and on previous visits staying in this hotel you get shampoo. I had to go and ask for shampoo every evening for the next day!--5-days-every day!!

They do not put creamer and sugar in the rooms!! They do put coffee out however you need to go down to reception and ASK for it---once again --I had to do this every day!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2008

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel from 10/24-10/26 as we were there for the weekend to see Weezer!! The hotel location is great. Right off the highway, pretty much on restaurant row. It's right next door to a huge mall. Our purpose was to be close to the Gwinnet Arena which was about 8 minutes down the road. Very convenient. The room was great. Just as pictured. It's huge and has a separate living room/bar/desk area. The bed wasn't too comfortable but the huge flat screen HD tv made up for it. The bathroom itself is pretty small but the sink area is outside of the bathroom and had lots of counter space. There's no room service or restaurants but they have 24 hr meals and snacks in the lobby. They have pastries and sandwiches for sale. There's some kind of touch screen menu in the breakfast area where you can order food at night but we didn't use it. When we were ready to check out, nobody had slipped our bill under the door and we couldn't use the express check out on the tv or downstairs. Apparently, the system was down but we checked out in 5 minutes at the front desk and had no problems! If we were ever in the area again we'd definitely stay here. Check out the pictures on the website. Our room looked identical to it so there wasn't any misleading thoughts about what we were getting.

• Liked — The room size and flat screen HD tv
  • Disliked — uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2008

Had to be in this area on business.

I did self check in b/c the guy at front looked busy helping someone else. It was very easy and efficient.

My room smelled, like stale cheetos or something, not sure. But I was so tired and only was staying one night. The AC was loud, I slept with ear plugs. It was over all clean, but not as nice as another Hyatt place property I had stayed at before. The are had lots of restaurants around it, the breakfast looked good even though I didn't partake.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Winston-Salem
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2008

I booked a smoking room on the hotel website. Smoking rooms were listed as available. When I arrived, I was told that the entire hotel was non-smoking. My room was non-refundable after 72 hours so I could not move to a different hotel. The desk clerk said that all hotels in Gwinnett Co. had a smoking ban - I can find no mention of this anywhere on the internet. The clerk when I checked out said that she had never heard of a smoking ban but that the hotel had only 1 smoking room. Had I known that my request for a smoking room would not be granted I would have booked elsewhere. It offends me to spend $90 to stay overnight while traveling and not be comfortable. So far, Hyatt has not agreed to refund my money even though their website was misleading, if not downright untruthful.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo