“Rudest management ever, Do yourself a favor stay anywhere else!”

Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stay in hotels over 9 months out of the year. Of all the hotels we have ever stayed at this hotel has to have the rudest, laziest , Manager ever. She want come out of her office to even talk to her guest. I guest if I had as many complaints about, the property standard and prostitutes and drugs going on in my property I want come out either. But it was a nice property until it has been run down under this management. I am posting pictures of just how dirty the rooms are.. Do yourself a big favor stay at any other hotel

Room Tip: View pictures and make your own choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank 470Michael

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We travel from Roanoke VA each October for a conference and typically stay in this hotel. Last year we noticed that it was becoming worn down and things weren't quite right, but decided to give it another shot this year. BAD IDEA.
When we arrived - after midnight (having called ahead and let them know of our late arrival) - we were getting ready to enter our PAID FOR room when a young man, obviously high, walked OUT OF the room that we had keys to. Front desk said there were no other doubles (there were 4 of us), but he could put us in ONE of the empty singles until a double opened the next day. We asked for 2 singles - with one comp'd because of THEIR obvious security issue. He called management, who wanted us to know that she had cleaned the room herself (SO??), and why wouldn't we stay in it if it was still clean? She refused to comp us a room, refused to fax the bank to expedite my money being returned so that I could find another hotel, refused to call around and find us another room. She didn't want to have to get out of bed and handle a problem with HER property. Front desk informed us that this was not the first time that they had an issue with someone being in the room who had no rightful access. We had to find another hotel, miles away from where we needed to be, at double the price. (Good thing my friends still had $ in their accounts since mine was frozen until 3 days later due to her trifling laziness)
Do NOT make the mistake of making a reservation at this hell hole.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Debra F
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This place is the worst, I don't know how anyone can rate this better than awful. The carpet is damp and when you walk barefoot it leaves dirt on you. The bed sheets are old and warn out. The place is adjacent to a graveyard, just steps alway. The manager is rude and could care less about the complaints. The carpet is so dirty I spent one night there and woke up with rashes. They use a cheap deodorant spray to cover up the musty order, the sent is so strong it made me dizzy. I have stayed at Motel6 before but this place is just the worst experience I ever had.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Nic C
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place is the worst. My husband and I are staying here while house hunting and I am counting down the seconds until we can leave! The walls are paper thin and it can get very noisy. I've been woken up countless times by music, yelling, banging on doors, etc. Our refrigerator leaks all the time. The internet is very, very slow. The selection of channels on TV is a joke. Our room is musty and the carpet was damp when we checked in. Staff are not friendly and management has done nothing about the problems we've had. The toilet seat broke and the lid fell completely off. One of the eyes on the stove randomly stops working. Housekeeping is very rude and told me to "get out" of my room so they could clean it. The dog area has no clean-up station (no baggies, no trash can, nothing). There is a graveyard next door. The laundry room is pathetic. One washer overflows a lot and doesn't work unless you stick something in the lid to keep it slightly open (and there is never a sign on it to warn people). There are often huge puddles in the floor that I have almost fallen over multiple times. The dishes were not clean when we checked in. This place is by far the WORST place I have ever stayed and we will not be staying here a minute longer than we have to.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amber1118
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband & I are from Tennessee. We recently had to come here to duluth for business. We also have a dog traveling with us so finding a "decent" pet friendly hotel was challenging. After weeks of research, I found this. Now, people have put bad reviews on this place. Quite frankly, my husband and I were iffy on the location. Remember we are from tn. The staff here, very friendly. Housekeeping.. Awesome. And the neighbors... Keep to theirselves. It was a quiet, peaceful stay. AND WE WILL COME BACK IF EVER. IN TOWN. Thanks studio 6 at gwinett, you guys know how to show great hospitality!

Room Tip: 200 building seemed very quiet. You just have to fight for a parking spot close to your room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed here but i didn't noticed that graveyard is next to the motel until chk in...
Then inside room there was bad smell. Room was dark there were no enough lights. It was too late when chked in so decided to stay but we chked out early morning because couldn't bare to tolerate to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Worldtraveller2609
Reviewed 26 June 2012

You get what you pay for. My son and I were relocating to ATL and stayed here untill our house was ready. I was shcoked when I came out my room and a graveyard is right there!!! That is very disturbing!!! Also, there is no closet space, rooms are extra small, plus I asked for a non smoking room and my room smelled like there was a puff, puff, pass party right before I arrived..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family