“stay here,newly updated”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Wichita,KS
“stay here,newly updated”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have not stayed at a HI in a long time. This one is very nice. 2 macs for use in front lobby - free, wireless - free, some toiletries - free, jumper cables available, great $11 breakfast...... etc. Rooms have frig, micro & they sell frozen dinners, ice cream bars, milk, cold Starbucks creamed coffees, sodas, juices, chips & MORE at there snack bar, which you access. Lobby looks like a comfortable house and people used it. Rooms were very clean, bedding at an 8 on 1-10 scale. Our room smelled like smoke, they did some process while we were out and cleaned it. I was sceptical, but it truely worked. Only complaint is I wished the windows opened.... even a little.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I attended a workshop here. Usually my trips would take me to the Buckhead area in Atlanta, so this was a little different. The facilities in the hotel especially the communal areas were very nice. I believe it's some new concept that they are trying out. Staff were incredible friendly.

Food was good, the breakfast set up is great. All the waitstaff get to know you by name and are very kind. They lobby has a lounge like area with boardgames, books etc, many TV's and Wii's.

Gym is basic, they need to move the TV down as it is too high up so you can't see it when you are running on the treadmill. There are also some other restaurants nearby which we explored.

What surprised me was that I actually managed to go for a run on the Sugarloaf Parkway, it has a sidewalk! I went over 3 miles each way on the parkway. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Join their loyalty program - Priority Club
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Dear AZRomandy, I really appreciate your review of our property during you recent stay at the HI Gwinnett. We are very excited about being the first HI to have the Hub concept and glad you found it enjoyable. We are in the planning stages of re-developing and expanding our Fitness Center and appreciate your feedback, so we may include this before the work begins. I hope you return to the Gwinnett area and are able to stay with us again in the near future!!
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed at this Holiday Inn during a doing a company convention during a 3 week travel schedule. The hotel was very accomdating from receiving packages prior to my arrival to allowing for us to hold small meetings in the restaurant. The food was some of the best...the bbq burger better than any food place around...waitstaff is phenomenal as well. I liked the hotel decor in lobby...hope that room renovations wb coming soon, more focus on the bathrooms...nice flat screen TV's with great channels. We are in the area annually, the preferred convention hotel is close by and has an attractive rate, however, I felt dirty staying there previously. So we went with the Holiday Inn, no regrets....everyone had a great stay, a total of 4 including the President of our company.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear 1Smarter, Thank you for providing comments on your recent stay at our property! We enjoyed having you at our hotel and am glad you like the new touches! If I remember correctly, you spent quite a bit of time meeting in the Hub area. I look forward to having you again next year. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I may do for you during your next stay!!
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Not only did we stay there for 2 nights in the beginning of our long trip from Chicago to Florida and back we decided to go out of our way bsck to stay there again
everyone there is very wonderfull and always asking if they can do anything for our stay to assist us, breakfast is a full buffet style and chefs line for fresh omlettes and also fruit and cereal line and pastries.Rooms were very comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: we had 2 doubles and they accepted our dog also thank you. rooms are very comfortable and we will be...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear Dabruggeman, Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel!! I love to see my Guest enjoy the flexibility of traveling with their furry friends, as I know I do. We look forward to having you again soon! Please do not hesitate to let me know if I may assist you in any way.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center for one night coz I had an early morning meeting at the Gwinnett Chamber right next door. The hotel was new and the decor was pleasant & modern (unlike many other Holiday Inns which looked dated and old-fashioned). Room was of average size but well appointed and quiet. The bar restaurant called The HUB on the lobby level was a great place to eat, drink and relax (the burgers, shrimps and chips were excellent). There even were a few flat screen TVs, Wii consoles and a small library for guests to pass time. A small gym and indoor pool just in case you want some workout. Ample parking spaces. A great business hotel in Duluth.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Dear BandBtraveller, I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center. I am glad you enjoyed our new menu in the "Hub", and hope you found time to enjoy the other aspects of our hotel, as you mentioned in your comments. We look forward to having you, should you return to the Duluth area!
Atlanta Ga.
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Our rooms were on the sixth floor, and I don't think that floor is offten used. Our floors were never vacumed.and the bathrooms were a disgrace. We brought supplies and cleaned them. Everyday,(a total of four) we left housekeeping a note and found it were we left it, minus the tip.
I have stayed in many Holiday inns, I am a Priotery member but this is the first time I've ever experience this lack of service.
Will I stay at this Holiday Inn again? I don't think so.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear msp098, Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn. I have shared your concerns with my Director of Housekeeping and required additional training for this Room Attendant to avoid any future reocurrences. Guest Service and Cleanliness are my top priorities and I sincerely apologize for any dissatisfied service you may have received.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center is a relatively new and clean hotel. It is easy to get to and near Gwinnett Center. On the downside, it was undergoing construction when we were there, which is probably why we got such a good deal on it on priceline.com.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear CEQUAS, Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to servicing you in the near future. We are the closest hotel in the proximity to the Gwinnett Center, and I'm glad this was a convienance to you! We have recently completed the renovations we were undergoing, and would love for you to see the finished "Hub" at Holiday Inn.