“Great hotel if you're going to Gwinnett Center for an event”

Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Montague, Canada
“Great hotel if you're going to Gwinnett Center for an event”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel in November 2013 while attending a pet expo at the Gwinnett Center. As far as convenience, you can't beat this location. We literally walked across the parking lot and we were at the center. I liked the fact that they had a selection of food and snacks in the lobby but I arrived around 2pm and was disappointed that there was no restaurant. They do have food available, but I believe it is open in the morning for breakfast and again in the evening for dinner. We ended up walking up the street to get some lunch. The rooms were clean and there was a nice big shower. I had breakfast the next morning and it was great-the homemade waffles are huge! I also ordered a chicken caesar salad to take up to my room (they don't bring it to you) in the evening and it was also very good. I had some issues with the business center as I needed to print FedEx documentation and the website only supported browsers that were not loaded on the computers, but I eventually found a way to get what I needed. Overall a nice hotel and very close to Gwinnett Center. Also pet friendly (I didn't have any, but saw lots of people coming in with dogs).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear RedIsleGal,
Thank you for your comments. Due to our location, the demand for lunch is minimal. We are currently testing a "Take-In" dining program for Holiday Inn that replaces the standard room service. We apologize that this program did not met your needs. We're happy you enjoyed the Pet Expo, and hope to see you next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My son and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn because of traveling to the NCAA SEC football championship game in ATL. The hotel was an easy 30 min drive to downtown for the event. Also I had many pleasant surprises that made us feel especially like home. Several staff members took interest in our MIZZOU Tigers as they learned we were going to the game. Upon our return that night and unfortunate loss to Auburn, they commented that they had watched some of the game and had us in mind. Even one who didn't follow football. All on their own personal time. The staff was very kind, the hotel very updated with a great eating/bar area perfect for traveling sports teams etc. we were able to watch more football and enjoy the conversation. My rate as a govt/county employee even of a different state was exceptional ! I would HIGHLY recmd this Holiday Inn !

Stayed December 2013
Dear POTUS40,
It was great speaking to you while you were here! Many thanks for posting your kind words about our staff! We hope you get a chance to visit us again the next time you're in the area!
Gainesville, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding. There is a nice outlet mall close by, but when we were there, the mall was under construction and many stores were closed. We enjoyed the mall nonetheless. There are some stores and restaurants nearby. The hotel itself was clean. The service was terrible. The persons working the counter could rarely be found. They weren't very helpful with directions either. We had to find our own way around. The last day we were there, an elevator broke and gave some of our friends a scare, as we were all on it. If the service was better I would recommend it, but from our experience I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear donsanchez23,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband attended a conference at the medical school on Old Peachtree Road. This hotel was located within 10 minutes from campus, a very easy commute-especially in the Atlanta area where traffic and traveling is very frustrating to say the least! The hotel is located right next to the Gwinnett Center Arena which was holding The Women of Faith conference this weekend. Although police blocking the entrance was a little inconvenient, we were still able to get to our destination easily.
We arrived on Thursday so check-in was quick and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Lines were long on Friday with women checking in for the conference next door, but they appeared to be checking in quickly and efficiently.
They are trying a new concept called The Hub which features an open area for check-in, eating area, and lounging area with a small area for vending purchases. It was interesting, but could get crowded with several guests. There was a great interactive big screen tv which allowed us to find restaurants and entertainment around the hotel.
The fitness room was very small, but I was the only one there, so big enough for me!
The room was large and very comfortable. The bed was too firm for me.
We booked our room through Hotwire at a very affordable price for 3 nights-we would stay here again when doing business in this side of the city
If you love pizza, try Vinny's pizzeria .7 of a mile up the street. Excellent Italian food and NY style pizza. Don't be fooled by the outside.

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor and backed up to trees. Very quiet but bright light at night so need to ke...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hi sandy d,
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We're proud to provide great and personal service to our guests, even on our busiest nights! Please come back and see us again the next time you are in the area!
North Augusta, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

After staying in the Pleasant Hill at i-85 for several weeks on business, I thought I would try this hotel a little further up the interstate. I was happy with my room, and was pleased with the lobby area -- which is a little different from other hotels. The lobby is intended to to be place to gather with a bar and food service area. This is the only hotel that I have seen that sells frozen dinners in the lobby -- which is actually a neat idea. Room and public areas were clean. There were a couple of Mac computers available for public use in the lobby. I did have a problem with poor TV reception, but that was quickly fixed by the hotel staff (although I had some difficulty reaching them on the phone). I would stay again. I didn't try this breakfast -- it was about $11 and juice is extra. The entrance is a little tough to find -- I had to drive by twice before finding it. The entrance is 100 yards west of the sign on Sugarloaf, near the Gwinnett Arena entrance.

Dear NA_Don,
Thank you for your response. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here. We're happy that you took advantage of our market, which we are proud to offer to our guests!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This Holiday Inn is near the Gwinnett Center and Arena. A little hard to find, but well worth in. Rooms are appropriate size and the beds very comfortable. Desk to work on and adequate drawer and closet space. My room had a shower stall rather than a tub/shower, and I really like it. Every person on the staff I encountered was very pleasant and helpful, and I was there with a large group, and I am sure we tried their patience on occasion, but they handled it well. There is a restaurant and bar off the lobby. I did not eat there, but others who did enjoyed it. There are about 20 restaurants and bars within 2 miles, so there is lots of variety. I would seek out this hotel if I have occasion to be in the area again.

Dear Robert L,
We thank you for your kind words! We love our property, and we're so glad you did too! Please let us know if we can be of assistance in planning your next trip to Duluth.
Pahoa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My second stay was as comfortable and enjoyable as the first. Add to that that this time I had two meals at the Hub Breakfast and Dinner and both had an excellent selection and cordial service. I highly recommend the Maple Salmon sandwich.

Room Tip: Get a room facing west as it overlooks the park-like environs of the Gwinnett Center.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Gabriele S,
We really appreciate you returning to visit us again! We're glad you had the opportunity to visit the Hub and that you enjoyed the unique selection it has to offer. Let us know if we can assist in your future travel plans!