“Awesome!”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Inman, South Carolina
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this room for a show at the Gwinnett Center. Initially, I looked at other hotels in the area which had rooms blocked for the event, but the prices of the other rooms were not as promised once I went to book. So, the Holiday Inn Express earned my appreciation for standing by the great price they initially promised.

Check in was wonderfully efficient; I think the young man's name was Alex. He was there the next day and a lady in front of me was telling him about her sick relative and he stopped to listen sympathetically. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure I had a comfortable stay. You can get dinner on the premises as well as breakfast, which was free with my voucher and very good. I was tucked away in a very clean corner room (501) that was quiet, had coffee, and everything I needed. Checkout the next day went smooth and the place was great!

Highly recommend. I really like the Holiday Inn Express for many reasons, and a clean, comfortable, affordable, safe stay is always an option here.

Room Tip: I liked the corner room - 501 quiet and nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear airport_brat,
We thank you greatly for your kind review of our property as well as our staff. Total guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We're delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, and that we earned your recommendation. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Fabulous stay and the staff were so wonderful (thanks Christa!) The rooms were nice, the food was good (and those chocolate strawberries...yum! I mean they went above and beyond my expectations...this is the mark of a good hotel, not a noisy lobby or the kids, but rather the way you are treated while you are there, the respect shown to you by the staff who have never met you before...we plan on staying here every year from now on!

Room Tip: ask for the room that is a little larger than a standard...it is great if you need to have a little...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear gailslist,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your kind words, and your recognition of our staff! Please do come back and visit us the next time you are in the Gwinnett area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Really nice, very clean, modern-looking facility. Great staff. But the noise! Oh, the noise. 1:30 in the morning, kids running up and down the hall...several times. People yelling in their rooms at 2:00 in the morning. Doors slamming all night and early in the morning.

Also, a man (I guess from a Christian group) was laying hands on someone in the lobby. Then the guy stands outside my door to continue discussing the "hands-on" experience. This was around 10:30 in the evening.

A very nice facility but way too noisy for a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: Watch your speed on Sugarloaf Parkway and on Pleasant Hill Rd (next exit off I-85). Saw several peop...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Anne P
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Anne P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. During your stay, our occupancy was driven by an event scheduled at the convention center. The hotel was filled with enthusiastic attendees. We do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.
Atlanta
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel is nice with all room entry doors on the inside. Has a great breakfast, but I do not know the price of the breakfast. They do charge for breakfast, it is not free, but our room rate included breakfast. It was very good with a good variety, buffet style. Had bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes and all types of continental breakfast items. The shuttle to the Gwinnett Arena was perfect and we used it because of the cold weather. But, if it was warm, you could walk to the Gwinnett Arena or Event Center easily enough. Parking was good and well lit. Staff was nice. My only regret was the hotel was pricey compared to some surrounding hotels, but we paid the extra and splurged due to the proximity to the Arena. The price may have been inflated due to the events at the Arena, not sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear SRM30549,
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you were able to experience the many amenities this location has to offer. In your future travels to the Gwinnett area (or to the Gwinnett Center), we hope you'll have the chance to visit us again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Good:
1. Comfortable and clean.
2. Fridge and microwave in the room.
3. Newly updated
4. Secure.
5. Onsite snacks/restaurant

A few things were disappointing. I really enjoy a hotel that offers free breakfast. While there was quite the spread for breakfast, it was not a courtesy and little things like that can take a toll on a budget. Also, the ice machine was broken on my floor so I had to go to another floor for ice. Overall, it was a good stay and I would return here if I were in the area again. Staff was friendly. Food was good. Rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank K T
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear K T,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay, and had a comfortable night's rest. We hope to see you the next time you return to the area!
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Was kept on hold 15 minutes. No wake up call. Saying poor service is an understatement.

Worst service of a holiday inn in my experience. I will not be back. For the charges the quality should be much better. But there is never an excuse for poor service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg K
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Greg K,
It's our commitment to continue to deliver upon guests' expectations, and to train our employees to serve our guests better. We'll certainly use your comments as a training tool.
Montague, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel in November 2013 while attending a pet expo at the Gwinnett Center. As far as convenience, you can't beat this location. We literally walked across the parking lot and we were at the center. I liked the fact that they had a selection of food and snacks in the lobby but I arrived around 2pm and was disappointed that there was no restaurant. They do have food available, but I believe it is open in the morning for breakfast and again in the evening for dinner. We ended up walking up the street to get some lunch. The rooms were clean and there was a nice big shower. I had breakfast the next morning and it was great-the homemade waffles are huge! I also ordered a chicken caesar salad to take up to my room (they don't bring it to you) in the evening and it was also very good. I had some issues with the business center as I needed to print FedEx documentation and the website only supported browsers that were not loaded on the computers, but I eventually found a way to get what I needed. Overall a nice hotel and very close to Gwinnett Center. Also pet friendly (I didn't have any, but saw lots of people coming in with dogs).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear RedIsleGal,
Thank you for your comments. Due to our location, the demand for lunch is minimal. We are currently testing a "Take-In" dining program for Holiday Inn that replaces the standard room service. We apologize that this program did not met your needs. We're happy you enjoyed the Pet Expo, and hope to see you next year!