Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center
US$190
Residence Inn
US$129
US$123
Best Western Gwinnett Center Hotel(Duluth)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$98
BestWestern.com
Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta(Duluth)
US$126
US$97
US$118
US$111
Fairfield Inn
Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta(Duluth)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
US$139
US$134
US$123
Hotels.com
All reviewsroom was cleanindoor poolconvenient locationattending an eventstaff was friendlynon smokingcoffee makerup to dateenergy centera great stayrestaurants and shoppinglobbyarenashuttleconcertsamatlanta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this room for a show at the Gwinnett Center. Initially, I looked at other hotels in the area which had rooms blocked for the event, but the prices of the other rooms were not as promised once I went to book. So, the Holiday Inn Express earned my appreciation for standing by the great price they initially promised.

Check in was wonderfully efficient; I think the young man's name was Alex. He was there the next day and a lady in front of me was telling him about her sick relative and he stopped to listen sympathetically. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure I had a comfortable stay. You can get dinner on the premises as well as breakfast, which was free with my voucher and very good. I was tucked away in a very clean corner room (501) that was quiet, had coffee, and everything I needed. Checkout the next day went smooth and the place was great!

Highly recommend. I really like the Holiday Inn Express for many reasons, and a clean, comfortable, affordable, safe stay is always an option here.

Room Tip: I liked the corner room - 501 quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear airport_brat,
We thank you greatly for your kind review of our property as well as our staff. Total guest satisfaction is our number one priority. We're delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your stay, and that we earned your recommendation. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Fabulous stay and the staff were so wonderful (thanks Christa!) The rooms were nice, the food was good (and those chocolate strawberries...yum! I mean they went above and beyond my expectations...this is the mark of a good hotel, not a noisy lobby or the kids, but rather the way you are treated while you are there, the respect shown to you by the staff who have never met you before...we plan on staying here every year from now on!

Room Tip: ask for the room that is a little larger than a standard...it is great if you need to have a little meeting or have friends in to chat...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear gailslist,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your kind words, and your recognition of our staff! Please do come back and visit us the next time you are in the Gwinnett area.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Really nice, very clean, modern-looking facility. Great staff. But the noise! Oh, the noise. 1:30 in the morning, kids running up and down the hall...several times. People yelling in their rooms at 2:00 in the morning. Doors slamming all night and early in the morning.

Also, a man (I guess from a Christian group) was laying hands on someone in the lobby. Then the guy stands outside my door to continue discussing the "hands-on" experience. This was around 10:30 in the evening.

A very nice facility but way too noisy for a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: Watch your speed on Sugarloaf Parkway and on Pleasant Hill Rd (next exit off I-85). Saw several people getting tickets on both roads.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne P
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Anne P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. During your stay, our occupancy was driven by an event scheduled at the convention center. The hotel was filled with enthusiastic attendees. We do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel is nice with all room entry doors on the inside. Has a great breakfast, but I do not know the price of the breakfast. They do charge for breakfast, it is not free, but our room rate included breakfast. It was very good with a good variety, buffet style. Had bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes and all types of continental breakfast items. The shuttle to the Gwinnett Arena was perfect and we used it because of the cold weather. But, if it was warm, you could walk to the Gwinnett Arena or Event Center easily enough. Parking was good and well lit. Staff was nice. My only regret was the hotel was pricey compared to some surrounding hotels, but we paid the extra and splurged due to the proximity to the Arena. The price may have been inflated due to the events at the Arena, not sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear SRM30549,
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you were able to experience the many amenities this location has to offer. In your future travels to the Gwinnett area (or to the Gwinnett Center), we hope you'll have the chance to visit us again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Good:
1. Comfortable and clean.
2. Fridge and microwave in the room.
3. Newly updated
4. Secure.
5. Onsite snacks/restaurant

A few things were disappointing. I really enjoy a hotel that offers free breakfast. While there was quite the spread for breakfast, it was not a courtesy and little things like that can take a toll on a budget. Also, the ice machine was broken on my floor so I had to go to another floor for ice. Overall, it was a good stay and I would return here if I were in the area again. Staff was friendly. Food was good. Rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank K T
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear K T,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay, and had a comfortable night's rest. We hope to see you the next time you return to the area!