The hotel is modern. Has a bar, and light foods. They claim to have a fitness center. It is very small and has a few cardio machines. There is a rack of dumbbells in lighter weights, but no bench, so pretty much useless except for curls. If you want to run outside, you pretty much are stuck with running around the Gwinnett Center parking lots, which is ok if there are no events. If you stick to the outside of the lots and go around the entire complex it is 2 miles exactly.
The room was modern with a decent tv that gets hd channels. One of the beds had a bunch of hair on the sheets, so I just used the other one. I am here in Duluth for 12 weeks of training, but will choose a different hotel because the internet is so slow it is painstaking to get any web-based work done. I suppose if all you need to do is check email, it is ok. Judging by the not nearly full parking lot, too many users can't be the issue. I can't understand how a property in this day and age of computing can't get that right.
Other than the internet issues and the housekeeping, it is decent. If you are attending an event or concert, you can walk to the arena. That's pretty much the only reason to stay, there are a bunch of better hotels in Duluth. Oh, and the hallways seem to amplify every noise out there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center Hotel, located adjacent to the Gwinnett Center and the Arena at Gwinnett Center, home of the Gwinnett Gladiators, Forward Conference (Jun 09), Watchtower Conventions, Joyce Meyer Event (Oct 09) and other Gwinnett Arena Events. The new Gwinnett Braves Baseball Team plays just a few miles north The Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center, a Duluth GA hotel is located NE of Downtown Atlanta via I-85, less the mile from Discover Mills Mall, close to the Mall of Georgia, Gwinnett Civic Center, Gwinnett Convention Center and 3 miles from the Gwinnett Place Mall. Gwinnett County offers a wide variety of recreational activities such as golf and tennis, which are located within 2 miles of the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center, a Lawrenceville GA hotel. The hotel is also close to the University of Georgia ( UGA )Bulldogs Stadium. Each one of our 143 beautifully appointed guest rooms was designed to make your stay comfortable and productive. We offer complimentary high-speed Internet access. During your stay at the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center you can relax by our indoor pool or work out in our poolside fitness center. Perhaps you will want to unwind with a cocktail in our lounge or dine at Kem s restaurant (named for the founder of Holiday Inn, Kemmons Wilson.) We hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center Hotel for your next visit to Duluth GA, Lawrenceville GA or Gwinnett GA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Hotel Duluth
- Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center
- Holiday Inn Duluth
- Duluth Holiday Inn