“Hotel of Choice”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Duluth, Georgia
“Hotel of Choice”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I travel often to the Atlanta / North Georgia area. This is where I choose to stay. The hotel is always clean and neat, the rooms are comfortable and easy to work in. The staff are always friendly and polite, they make me feel at home. The location is ideal for business and pleasure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
GM-Duluth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duluth - Mall Area, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Thank you very much for sharing your comments and views. We sincerely appreciate you as our valued guest. It is always our pleasure to have you with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any suggestions, views, and comments. Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here last week (June 23 & 24). This is a very nice facility with nice size rooms, clean, indoor pool, nice breakfast area.....but our stay was very unpleasant. There was a couple buses of teens approx. 14-17 yrs. old that was also staying there and attending a church conference close by. These kids were allowed to run up and down the halls like 10 yr. olds. Holler to each other down the hall. Knock on doors, yelling waking each other up early in the mornings, These types of things went on until morning hours both nights. Forget sleeping. Another party with us was on another floor and they said the same thing happened on their floor. Upon leaving we did voice our concerns to the clerk but not even an "I'm sorry" just made excuses why there was no use in trying to quieten them down. Our lesson learned" If a hotel has limited available rooms on a Thurs. night, always ask if there are any large groups staying"

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your views. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay, due to kids in the hotel. This must be one of the isolated issues where kids were not in discipline. Normally, our staff and the group chaperones are very particular about kids behavior.

Irrespective of my explanation, once again I sincerely apologize for it. I would request you to visit us again and consider this one of the isolated issues. Thank you very much.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

The day I checked in, power went out for 3 hrs. When I asked the indian guy at front desk next day, he got angry and it appeard to me like he was doing a favor for me to stay there.
Rooms are average, like a below average motel, not for families and that guy I spoke at front desk has no customer service exp for sure. I won;t got there or refer anone to stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I booked this hotel with easytobook.com. I got a great price...then... they emailed me 4 days later telling me that the rooms I need aren't available. What would they do to help? Nothing. They weren't willing to give me anything for the inconvenience of finding another hotel. Because I'm traveling at a popular time, most of the other options are now gone. Never book with these people. While they are owned by expedia.com - they are a sham. Shame on expedia for expanding their business with such incompetence and poor service. And shame on this nice hotel for agreeing to do business with them.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
14 Thank easytobookscrewedme
Alachua, FL
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I am a frequent guest of Country Inns & Suites - one of their biggest fans, I would say. During my frequent travels, I try to stay with them when I can. Most Country Inns are at least very good and many are excellent. The Duluth property, while not the best, is quite adequate.

Considering its location very near BUSY I-85, my room was amazingly quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The room - as well as the rest of the property - was very clean.

I did not find the desk personnel to be extremely friendly but they were not unfriendly either. They always had coffee available - at least when I wanted it - so that's a plus in my book. The free breakfast was decent - about what you would expect. The hotel has an indoor pool, I noticed. And the high-speed internet seemed to work without any problem (that's always a good thing).

My only real gripe (albeit minor) is the elevators. They are painfully slow and, like a lot of hotels, they use those annoying little high-intensity lights for illumination. They emit a tremendous amount of heat which makes the slow trip to the fifth floor that much worse.

All-in-all, you could do a whole lot worse. I give this place a thumbs-up.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Helen, Georgia
Reviewed 19 October 2009

The Gwinnett area is a very busy area. The hotel is nestled away from the busy streets and is very quiet. Very, very nice hotel. I work at a Country Inn and Suites in southern Georgia and are very picky when staying at other hotels. However, I highly recommend this hotel. Everything and I do mean everything is nearby!!! Rooms smelled very good and fresh. There are fridges in room however there are no microwaves. We were assigned a room right next to the elevator. I was too tired to go back downstairs to move to an alternate room. Surprisingly enough, I never heard the elevators inside our room. Which is a big plus!!!!! You can tell that the management takes pride in their establishment. I met one employee at night named "Raj" he was very helpful, professionally dressed and knowledgeable about area and willing to help us when we needed to find a pharmacy/medicine in the middle of the nigh. I was just so impressed with this hotel. I am very confident that if you stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Augusta
Reviewed 15 July 2009

This was a great hotel for the price. They had a huge free breakfast and a large indoor pool. The hotel was close to all the restaurants and shopping that you can ask for. Plus, it is close to the Gwinnett Civic Center. The hotel has a cool lobby and was very clean. Staff was excellent at addressing anything I asked for.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business