“Pleasant stay for the cost”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duluth - Mall Area
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This is a nice hotel for the budget. There are plenty of food choices nearby and convenient location near major roadways, although getting in and out of the hotel is a little confusing with the next door construction. The free breakfast was hot with plenty of choices.

• Stayed: January 2013
GM-Duluth, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duluth - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast at our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again if you come back to the Duluth area. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We were on a church trip and I chose this hotel because I have stayed at Country Inn and Suites and have always been pleased. The hotel was nice as usual. The breakfast was not as good as the others hotels have had. Several of our group complained. A few of us went in a night early. The first morning we were there, they were cleaning up an hour before breakfast was over. I made reservations directly through the hotel for ten rooms over a month before going. I called twiced later on to make sure we had ten rooms and to get the price per room. I had canceld a room the morning we were suppose to check in, all was good. Not so good when it come down to checking in. I had 36 people and only one room. The girl that was helping me found where I made the reservations, and where I had called. Our reservation was put in ten times but only one room. Somehow when the next person came in to help, this was my fault. I told him what the girl had found and I ask her to show him. She showed him, so then we began trying to find enough rooms. They had to put us in king rooms with a pull out sofa. Was'nt easy having to re room 36 people. I had to pay for one more room than we orignaly had and three of our people got their own room. They did put cots in some of the rooms and took off $30.00 when I checked out. When I called back that following Tuesday and talked to someone, he let me know that they done more for us than they had too. I am grateful they went out of their way since I had 36 tired people that needed to sleep somewhere. This was not my fault so I felt it was the least they could do. Make sure if you stay here and have more than one room, get a confirmation number for each room booked. Hotel was clean and so was our rooms. Beds were comfortable and kids enjoyed the pool. I do want to say thanks to the new girl that was helping me before the guy came him. She handled everything very well especially being new. Better than the others. Good job!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
GM-Duluth, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duluth - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

I am so sorry that you had a unpleasant time at check in. I did hear what had happened to you and your group the following day when I got back into the sales office. I do hope that you will come back again and give us a second chance. Please contact me in the sales office and I will personally handle your group and your check in. I can guarantee you a perfect stay at our hotel.
Thank you for the nice things that you did mention about our hotel. I am happy that you and your group did enjoy your stay at our hotel once you got through the checking in process.
Here is my contact information- Rebecca Johnson- Director of Sales, rebecca.johnson@countryinns.com and my direct phone number is 678-298-4265.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this particular Country Inn & Suites Atlanta/Gwinnett Place Mall several times in the last four years. The staff is SUPERB on the phone or in person! Especially so is Marcus. He works the front desk. Always cheery and ready to help regardless of time of day (usually night for us).

We live in Panama City, Florida and frequently visit friends in the Duluth, GA area. EACH time that we stayed at this Country Inn our room was immaculately clean. The rooms were not stale nor did they possess any cigarette smoke stench.

This location has a small indoor pool as well as Jacuzzi. The pool has a device to assist one who may be wheel chair bound to get into the pool.

They also have a small room that has two computers and printer. Not being totally familiar with Duluth we have used the computer many times looking up information and printing it. Very convenient!

Breakfast is nicely presented and offers a good “breakfast selection” of food. It’s actually quite good and you can eat your fill. I usually have OJ, scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage or bacon. I think they also offer sausage gravy to pour over biscuits if you so choose.

Although I don’t drink coffee, my wife enjoys the selection of, I believe, three or four different brews offered. She is also a fan of the self-service Belgian waffle maker, and on occasion she’ll sample the pastries.

I feel the staff, rooms (and price), amenities and robust breakfast make staying at this location a pleasant experience. We have NO complaints, nor desire to stay elsewhere when we’re in town.

Dave K
Panama City, FL

Room Tip: If you stay in a room that is on the same side of the building as the main entrance and are on the f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your many stays at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed here when we attended the Cirque du Soleil. We agree that the staff is very helpful and everything was neat and tidy. The TV in the room needs to be updated as well as the breakfast (waffle iron timer not working and the eggs were really cooked well). It is located so you can get in & out but construction next door is indeed a challenge. The restaurants and shopping are close by too (love Maggiano's!) .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Atlanta. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel!
I have talked to our maintenance engineer about the timer on the waffle iron and he will be replacing it.
Thank you again for all your comments and I hope that you stay with us again when you come back to town.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Our stay was very enjoyable. The room was clean, smelled nice, and the temperature in the room upon arriving was pleasant. The staff members were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay in this hotel again if we were in the area.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Well kept facility with a very nice staff. The parking lot and exterior of the building were all clean. The room was also clean with a nice layout. The location was perfect for being close to restaurants and it was easy to get off the main road onto Breckenridge Blvd. The only issue was the construction project next door which made it a little difficult to get into the hotel parking lot. Not their fault though. Breakfast was above average and the check in/check out was quick and easy. A+++ property.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
GM-Duluth, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duluth - Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope that you come back again.

I am sorry about the construction in the adjacent lot next to us. I truly understand your frustrations!!!

It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. Thank you..

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed at Country Inn over the weekend and Marcus made our stay fun and enjoyable. From the phone reservation to the actual check in process. This guy KNOWS customer service. The breakfast could use an upgrade and so could the tv's. It was a great stay. We actaully extended our stay due to the service we recieved.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your comments on Marcus.. He is a terrific front desk associate and we just adore him.
I will make sure that I share your comments with him.