Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My coworker recommended me to stay in this hotel. In deed it is a brand new property. Unfortunately due to the last min of booking, i could not get the usual suites they book for. I have a King Room instead. Room size is not that roomy but good enough for a few night stay. Everything is brand new! Internet is free. Room equipped with a fridge and microwave oven. Although i didn't use it but it could be a convenient to some. Very nice deco and comfortable bed. I will definitely come back to this hotel if i visit this area again. By the way, the breakfast is included in all room and it is reasonable good just that you will expect the same things everyday. An indoor swimming pool and same exercise room too.
Only disappointment was the laundry machine was down and I could not make use of it to make a clean suit case clean on the 2nd last day.

Room Tip: Book a suite if you could.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This hotel is newly built and in great shape. The decor is very nice and modern. The room we had was "standard" size with a nice size closet/coat rack, mini fridge (w/ fast cool feature), microwave, work desk, and spacious bathroom. The beds were great with plenty of pillows. The Directv service made me feel right at home (did not have to channel search). I was a little concerned about noise with this hotel being located so close to a nearby restaurant, but it was not an issue. There is a nice looking indoor pool, exercise room, and outdoor patio which we did not have time to enjoy. This is a nice place to stay, but I would like to "nitpick" a couple of small issues. The front desk could be a little more attentive, as I did wait some time before being greeted at check in. Also, the "complementary" breakfast did not appeared to be well maintained and needed a little more variety. This hotel is located about 20 miles from downtown Atlanta, 13 miles from Stone Mountain, 5 miles from Sugarloaf Mills mall and 5 miles from Gwinnett Center.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My family stayed in this hotel for just one night, and the main reason why we chose this hotel was because it was built in 2013 which means it would be clean and well equipped.

This hotel met my expectations and we really enjoyed the stay. The room was spacious and the beds were comfy. Even though they put us the room right next to the elevator, the noise was not very loud.

This hotel has nice indoor pool and great lobby area that you could spend some time with your friends/family.

Because we were tired, we could not try the breakfast, but I believe it would be nice just like other services.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I used reward points to secure a reservation for my daughter and her family who were traveling accross the country to visit us for the holidays in advance of a threatening storm. After an unpleasant stay at anther Fairfield Inn, she was pleasantly surprised to find the staff, service and product at Gwinnett Place to be superior in every way. I called ahead and spoke to Blakley who was most helpful in ensuring a crib would be available for my daughter's infant son. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of Thanksgiving November 29-December 1. We were going to Christmas at Stone Mountain and the Coca Cola Museum in Atlanta. The hotel is located in a very convenient area with restaurants, shopping areas, and major highways. When we checked in around 7 pm after we left the Coca Cola museum we were told we had to wait a little while because the manager was currently cleaning the rooms due to housekeeping staff call out's. I was very impressed by this because I currently work at a hotel now and know none of my managers or coworkers would dare clean any rooms. I also did not mind the wait because I wanted to explore the grounds. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that it was so CLEAN! Everything smelled fresh, neat, and tidy. The breakfast area was clean and well kept. We walked through a hallway and noticed they have an indoor heated pool! They also have a gym and a business center with 2 computers to use with printing. Everything was very CLEAN. I cannot stress that enough. So we finally go up to the rooms to our delight and shock it didn't look like a manager cleaned it but a whole housekeeping staff. The beds were nicely made and the bathrooms were clean and spacious. I am very happy we chose this hotel even though it is a 30 min drive from downtown Atlanta, my family and I are used to driving long distances because we're from Florida lol. Anyway, the breakfast had a wide variety of foods and it was DELICIOUS. Overall, my family and I had a great experience at the hotel. The hotel staff is wonderful and kind and if we plan on coming back next year again this hotel WILL be our go to.

THANKS FAIRFIELD STAFF ! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice and clean. We stayed in room 209, which unfortunately is a handicapped room for the hearing impaired and was right by the ice machine. Very noisy, from either the bathroom or elevator. We could never figure out where the loud continous noise was coming from. We had to sleep with earplugs to actually drown it out at night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the moment I was greeted warmly as I entered the lobby till the moment staff graciously thanked me for staying at checkout, this was a fantastic experience. Simply put, there was absolutely nothing to find fault with. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Room Tip: Just stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Courtyard Atlanta Conyers
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta East/Lithonia
Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall
Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place? Share your experiences!