“Relaxing Stay”

Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I was in town for business and I found this to be the perfect place to stay. After long hours in training and meetings, a perfect place to unwind and relax. Close to everything and very convenient. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I highly recommend this facility

Room Tip: The hotel is undergoing renovations and it is my understanding that the upper floors have been compl...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank beachhead54
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hi Beachhead 54: Great to hear you had a great stay. Our location is conducive to relaxation and close to many of the areas attractions. I have communicated your message to our team as they appreciate your kind comments about their service. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I am an events coordinator and recently had an event at this location. I had originally worked with Jill. Wonderful 5 star experience with her but as soon as she handed the reigns over to someone else, my happiness level took a nose dive. Jill was so good you could not feel that you were planning an event across the country. I've she handed over, communications ceased fear no 1. The lady who took over didn't even take a moment to properly read the hand of communication and referred to another party type. That was my second fear. Anyway, I arrived yesterday and had to make changes because of the lack of communication and my client was nickel and dimmed to the point of my irritation. It was going cost $75 to move a sweetheart table!!!! Jorge on the other hand went above and beyond for us. If he were not there I would have pulled my hair out. He brought the stars up to three.

Switching gears for a moment - I don't know why, but the rooms smell like someone smoked in them even though they graciously switched my room. I've got a mild case of bronchitis and after sounding the night, not only do I sound like a frog, I'm completely stuffy and breathing through my mouth.

Some staff went above and beyond but the one who didn't, killed it for me as she made my job hectic. She also looked like she had bitten more than she could chew so I decided to direct my request to someone else especially as I could see she was devoting her time to her other clients.

Jorge on the other hand deserves recognition and a raise. I just know that I'll not be recommending this hotel for the convention I was scoping it out for. I apologize for the typos, I'm typing this up on the plane and I'm unable to proof it because I'm using my mobile device. The text box is not letting me scroll up or down.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank DiMalom

DiMalom: Very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Our Wedding Coordinator worked very closely with the family planner to plan the details for the event. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I had never heard of the hotel. It was very nice and classy. The ambience was a surprise. The only thing I did not like is we did not have access to a microwave (without asking for it at check-in). Full service hotels prefer you to use their restaurant. Other than that...I will sneak away for another getaway there very soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Victoria B: great to hear you enjoyed your stay and will return to see us. As you experienced, the hotel has just completed a renovation and we have received great feedback on our new feel. In regards to microwave ovens, we do have many rooms that have this along with refrigerators. Just note your preference when making reservations,and we will have ready for you upon your check in. We look forward to meeting you during your next stay.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta used to be a Marriott. I was disappointed to discover the Marriott had been replaced. I wanted to use my Marriott points. I stayed anyway. Rooms are fine, everything the same. EXCEPT the A/C was INADEQUATE. On that score I was miserable, because I could never get cool enough. I should have called the front desk but I didn't so I don't know if it was just that room, or if the hotel had become miserly. I would hesitate to stay here again for that reason, but I would call and discuss first. Maybe it was just a fluke.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi Merrytime: Thank you for your feedback. You are correct and we previously were a Marriott. Sonesta purchased the hotel in May 2013 and have renovated the hotel along with upgrading many of the services. Sonesta does have a rewards program called Travel Pass which offers our members free stays at our hotels and offers additional perks. i do apologize about the HVAC issue. It is a fluke and it should not have happened. One of our top priorities is guest comfort and I am sorry we fell short. I assure you this will not happen again! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Updated and comfortable. Nice amenities. Good value. Very comfortable bed. Good work surfaces for business travel. Food quality good. Room service fast and friendly. Chocolate cake dessert memorable!! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Jim M: Thank you for your response. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and 45th Anniversary. We look forward to hosting your 50th.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were there the weekend of August 15th of this year (2014) and had a delightful time. The interior of the main floor welcomes you to what turned out to be very relaxing. The food was very good; in fact, much better than we thought of a hotel. Our room had the temp frozen on heat and it felt like an oven since we could not get the air conditioning to work properly. After a call to the front desk and a visit by the maintenance team, we were immediately moved to a room on the 14th out of 17 floors. The AC was turned on before we were at this new room and it was very comfortable.
The banquet we attended, social hour before and dancing after, was handled in a very professional manner as we celebrated the 45th reunion of our area high school. The coordinator has already had preliminary talks for the 50th reunion.
The staff was charming and treated you like you were number one in their book.
This is a must stay hotel if you are in the Atlanta (GA) area.

Room Tip: Be sure everything is in working order before unpacking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim M
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hi Jim M: thank you for your feedback. Great to hear you were celebrating your 45th reunion and had a great time. I apologize about the AC issue and having to relocate to another room. We have fixed the issue and appreciate you making us aware of it. We look forward to hosting your 50th reunion and seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The night engineers, John and Randy are the best. They were so helpful. They went above and beyond with service. They were more than helpful and very pleasant. These men need an award or plaque. We also have had great service from the front desk. They're so accommodating and hospitable here. Daisy is more than sweet.

Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NE/Gwinnett Sugarloaf
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
#65 of 172 in Atlanta
Wingate by Wyndham Duluth/Atlanta

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!