“8 miles north of the nearest subway stop, accessible via GCT on weekdays, but not weekends-good value for area, kind of” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Duluth

Quality Inn Duluth
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
somwhere in the southwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed here using points.8.000, its worth 8,00, but under the current conditions I wouldnt pay more than $45 cash.-the staff is friendly enough, and I wasnt hit up for a CC to use my points.I approve of this.however, I never could find a movie channel on the teevee,the pool has a few toom many trees aroudn it, but its clean otherwise.its obviously a former other chain, that was going downhill, it looks like $ is being put into it, but its taking a while-the elevator is a bit hot.-and, the lobby has a sign saying for 'liability' dont take breakfast to rooms.(huh?), complimentary courtesy PC in lobby.id stay here cash, but again, I wouldnt spend more than $45+ tax.one note, exercise room was locked.not that i care, asi dotn exercise if I can help it, but I was curious.

Room Tip: dont pay more than $45+ tax if possible
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

This hotel is about 35 miles northeast of Atlanta. The rooms are okay, but the property needs a lot of work which they seem to be in thre midst of right now. I especially appreciated the kindness and helpfulness of the staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed in Duluth with my husband for four nights in April for a conference that we attended at the Gwinnett Arena. I booked this hotel through Priceline and boy did get what I paid for. The hotel grounds and public areas are clearly not tended to regulary. The people hanging out in and around the hotel spoke volumes about the type of clientele that is attracted with such a low rate. Dirty hallways, a horrible elevator, and half of the rooms have access from outside, like a motel. The room was cheap, but not even worth what we paid. Aside from the musky smell, noisy AC and filthy carpet, the beds were horrible. The linens were threadbare and covered in lint and the pillows were completely flat. The comforter had burn holes and rips all over, light fixtures were askew and lampshades were dirty. There was hair all over the room, as if there had been a dog in there before us. There was a coffee maker in the room that was dirty and when I lifted the pot, the underneath was sticky. The bathroom tub was dingy and the shower curtain did not look like it had been replaced in quite a while. The worst part of the whole stay was lifting the toilet seat and finding that the toilet had been used and not even flushed, much less cleaned. Normally, my husband is they type that will endure bad service and not say a word, but after being in that room for about an hour, he was ready to go. We stayed here for one night (because we checked in so late) and, even though we had prepaid and couldn't get a refund, checked out and went to the Wyndham next door. A few dollars more got us a clean, beautiful, room and a really nice breakfast in the mornings. When we informed the front desk that we were checking out, all he said to us is that we couldn't get a refund (mind you, we didn't ask for a refund because we knew that the room was nonrefundable). He never asked why we were checking out or how we enjoyed our stay. They say that you should never say never, but I would sleep in my car on the side of a highway in the middle of a hurricane before I EVER set foot inside a Quality Inn hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

Staying with this hotel since long time because great location and price with great staff service. Recommending to all of my friends.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Columbia, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

....unless you're really into little black bugs flying around the bathroom, mold and mildew on the ceiling, frayed carpet and worn furniture. If that is the case, then this is just the place for you. If not, please look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

i've been here for a year for pleasure,and i can asure anyone who comes here they will enjoy their stay.the staff is first class all the way the rooms are always clean and it is the best value for your money.also the place is easy to get in and out of with gwinett place mall down the street and the best restaurants in atlanta.the area is very safe and the entertainment is great with an assortment of night clubs and bars and bookstores. also all the major theme parks are all right by including six flags,stone mountain,white water,turner field,the georgia dome,and the gwinett arena.this is one of the nicer areas of atlanta. i couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Memphis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I don't think I have ever posted a truly negative review before, so I don't like doing this. I only stayed here because of the other reviews on TripAdvisor. This hotel is the dirtiest and most outdated hotel I have stayed in during over 20 years of business travel. It's in a nice area, which makes it very unexpected. The staff is friendly, but the rooms were filthy. I killed two roaches before going to bed, which of course made for a great night's sleep. I would have turned around and left were it not for the fact that every hotel in the area was sold out. The only hope for this hotel would be either total renovation or demoilition. BUYER BEWARE!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business