“Worst hotel i have ever stayed at.”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is not the kind of place you want to bring your family, There where stains on everything including the mattress blankets and sofa Even a mysterious brown stain on the bathroom wall. The entire second floor smelt like curry and body odor. Another fault was the spot light that shines directly into the room, design flaw i guess. The front desk help seems to flirt with single males and will try to look for an excuse to get into your room and "help" you. Do not stay here stop being cheap and fork up the extra 25$ and stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta Gwinnett Place. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Like most extended stay hotels, our hotel provides different levels of housekeeping service based on the length of our guest’s stay, with additional services available for a nominal charge. I regret that we did not properly explain our services to you, and caused your stay to be less than satisfactory. Obviously, our staff training failed during your stay, something that I have brought to the attention of our staff with the expectation that such an incident will not occur again.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

When i checked into the hotel i was checked into a dirty room.. The girl at the front kiash was very loud talking to another hotel guest and did not seem to care much about the room.. In the monring i went to speak with the general manager (white man with red hair) sorry dont remember his name. He explain to me that things like this happen. And instead of him trying to offer me a discount or something he ask me to give his hotel good reviews on a survery that i was going to get in my email. I never even got it. The rooms are clean and dirty at the same time if that your thing.remote did not work ... there was stains in the carpet.. sofa.. and i had a non smoking room however the room smelled like smoke..The snack machine did not work nor did the soda machine.. worse 2 days of my vacation /// I paid like 70. Next time ill pay the extra 10 and stay a better name brand hotel.. its very GHETTO .. I advise no one to ever stay

Room Tip: This hotel i rate a 3 on a scale of 100
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gloria s

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for over a year now. The service is always good and having a kitchen to cook my own meals is a +.

The facility is getting somewhat dated but the rooms are clean and provide me what I need at a very affordable rate. I travel exclusively on business so I have the option to stay at any hotel chain but I choose Extended Stay for the value it provides.

Ask for Alton, he will take care of you.

Room Tip: Ask for the King bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta Gwinnett Place. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Friendly staff. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable with plenty blankets. The hotel is close to a mall. There are plenty of restaurants closeby.

People don't seem to realize extended stay hotels offer basic accomodations. Most offer housecleaning once a week. Towels are exchanged at the front desk. These types of hotels are not the places to stay if you desire housekeeping each day. Most charge a small fee for Internet.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The staff is warm and welcoming. I did not originally have a reservation but the staff was accomadating and helpful about getting me in. Nice clean property with zero noise. I would stay here again

Room Tip: The king rooms are niced sized with a sleeper sofa. Very clean
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2011

It's not fancy, but if you need a place to stay, with the basics, this place could work. The room was large, and looked recently updated. Full size fridge, two-burner cooktop and a microwave would be nice for a lengthy stay, but we just stayed for a quick overnight on the road. A few niceties were lacking, such as free wifi, some basic toiletries and a reasonable breakfast, but the room was relatively clean and quiet...save for the arguments in the hall, but that seems to be the chance you take with a place like this. They are pet friendly, but expect to pay a fee. Though the wifi was extra, they did offer a printer with free printing. Strange.

Room Tip: Suggest a higher floor, not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

So I checked in on 8/6/2011 and initially was a little apprehensive about checking in because there were a lot of people just kind of hanging out in the parking lot. The lobby area was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful so I "thought" that maybe I had too quick to rush to judgment. But NOOO I was right!!! The 5th floor had people roaming around and it smelled horribly like kitty litter and cat feces. The room was spacious and appeared clean so I proceeded to check in but about 2 hours after I did so the critters appeared. I mean nasty roaches took over the kitchen area as soon as the lights were turned off. It was so bad that I took video of them just to support my request for an immediate refund. Staff was efficient in getting me processed out of there. at check out I learned that many of the guests of this location are actually long term residents which explains the smell and possibly the roaches. They need to contact a pest control company. IMMEDIATELY

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business