Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Dallas, Texas
“Licence Copy”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel makes a copy of your drivers licence at check in. The bathroom had bad smells from the lack of moping. The window was stuck a few inches open and the crack had to be stuffed with towels to try to cut down on some of the noise from the six lane hwy outside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Notashe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Notashe - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the bad smells in the bathroom and the window being stuck causing excessive noise in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with housekeeping and maintenance to make sure extra care is taken in moping the bathroom and the stuck window is repaired.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Point, GA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

In town for a job interview, I selected this place because I was tight on money. Traveling alone, safety was key for me. On arrival, I realized I left my driver's license at home, so I called to see if I could check in without it. The lady at the desk called the manager, and he said no. This made me feel good, even though I had to wait for my daughter to bring me my driver's license (I was only gone a few miles from home). Once there, the front desk lady was very nice. Upon entering the room, it was quiet and clean. (see pictures) I received a call from the front desk to make sure I was pleased with my room. The bed was cozy and I slept well. Being a light sleeper, if there had been noise I would have woke up. Easy to go breakfast choices that I was pleased with. I stayed a couple of weeks later at the Wingate right near by and it was more expensive and not as nice to me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Saundra - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that we could not check you in to the hotel without a driver's license; however, I am glad that this made you feel safe overall. As well, it is great to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of your room as well as our grab-and-go breakfast's offerings. We hope your job interview went well!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel looked nothing like the pictures. It had a moist mildew smell and the shower looked like it needed a good scrub with bleach. The pool area looked like something that would be in a run down rv park. I didnt even feel comfortable walking around the room with my shoes off. I didnt sleep under the cover because the room just felt gross to me.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ashley C
selma,al
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Omg...where do I began. I made our reservation 2 weeks in advance. When we got to the hotel we were told that the room that we reserved wasn't available.so I asked the receptionist..so my reservation didn't mean anything then she told me...im not saying it doesn't mean anything but this is an extended stay and the customer has the right to extend there stay.my wife said lets just take the room that they do have I was upset but I took the room.....went to my room tried to use the bath room the toilet wouldn't flush even after 6 try's. I said forget it ill just take a shower I opened the shower and it was so nasty there wasn't anyway we where using it. I called down to the front desk and was put on hold. Then she told me the manager would call me to talk about the room ( not to fix what was the matter but to talk about it...smh) then my lets all get along wife said lets get the heck out of here. I went down got my money back and im never coming back.......this place is not the same. Under new management

Room Tip: Don't get room 310
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Love_to_Travel36726
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

The situation you described regarding the bathroom and shower not being usable is truly regrettable. I also apologize that we were unable to get the toilet and shower repaired in a timely manner or get you moved to another room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you I have met with my housekeeping and maintenance staff along with my front desk staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesistate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay location in the future.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I recently stayed here on a trip to ATL. It was a great location near plenty of shopping and restaurants. Overall the rooms were fine for the the 3 star rating. They were a little worn out. The couch was in poor shape with stains and the bathroom was in need of some attention. However, the bed was clean and comfortable and it suited my needs for a budget room in a good location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west are furthest away from the highway. I had a room closest to the highway and the n...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Keith - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that the sleeper sofa and bathrooms need some extra attention. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with an overall good stay.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I would reccomend anybody to stay in the near future.. why because I is home away from home, but gives you all the accomodations necessary to feel right at home eventhough you maybe hundreds of miles away from home. It was everything I expected it to be, and exactly as it appears online if you go and search for the hotel and viewef the photo gallery.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience during your visit with us. We truly enjoyed providing for you!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2013

You get more for your money. I loved it. New and up to date appliances. Room was clean and spacious. We had enough room for 6. I will definitely stay here again, very close to everything. Shopping, restaurants & even I-85. Family friendly. We felt safe.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joyce A
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great and our staff were able to make you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!