“Spring Break 2014”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
“Spring Break 2014”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel stay was a home a way from home get away for spring break. I loved the convenient location to shopping, restaurants and easy access to the highway. The hotel was nice the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly, I was dissatisfied with the grab and go breakfast, my daughter woke up hungry and the selection was not much to choose from.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Carla – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denham Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the extended stay for one month right next door and moved over here as they had a gym and a different layout in a room as I am here another two months. the room is clean, the front desk staff are very nice. the problem - there are people who actually live in these hotels. I have kids upstairs running and jumping and making lots of noise. I have contacted the front desk staff twice about this and they are contacting the people upstairs to ask them to quiet down. the problem is if you are in one room with kids there is going to be noise. I don't think should be allowed and will be researching the amount of people who can be in one room. otherwise very good value for the money.

Room Tip: ask ahead of time I there are kids above you. I didn't and I am sorry. extended next door was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Still, I apologize that you experienced noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Duluth, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed here due to the price, location, and the pictures the website had. The only positive thing I can say about my time here was it was centrally located to where I needed to be. Besides that, this place is a dump.

The sheets still had some sort of odd colored stains on them. The couch cushions also had a strange stain on them. The walls were dirty and there was no way I was using any of the kitchen items. I even felt dirty taking a shower here. Don't be fooled by the price if you are short on cash, this place is not worth the $35/night I got from priceline.

You will not feel safe from the moment you get in the parking lot. There were police here over and over again and it seemed like someone was always getting arrested. DO NOT bring your family here whatever you do.

I keep seeing the manager responding to posts stating how he is going to get house keeping to fix these issues, but they still have no been resolved.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Good room? None of them, run for the hills!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jteitelbaum1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to ensure our housekeeping staff is taking extra care in cleaning of each and every room. We do want to provide guests with a feeling of knowing they are secure and safe so we do appreciate that our local police department does keep a active presence at all of the hotels and businesses in the area.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel was chosen for it's location to the events we had planned. We booked online and were disappointed upon arrival. The staff clerk refused to get off the phone to acknowledge that we were there. The elevators smelled like something rotting. The room stunk like mold and old smoke (we had a "non-smoking" room), the electrical outlet in bathroom did not work, the AC unit was falling apart, and the only help offered when we complained was to send up some Febreeze. The linen on the bed was so worn that the sheets and bed mat kept falling off in the middle of the night. It was clean, but very unpleasant. There was no coffee in the room (but a coffee pot was present) and none in the lobby either. When asked, the staff told us that there was a gas station up the road. Housekeeping never came (yes, was requested), but 2 hours before checkout, were banging on the door for us to hurry. I would not stay here again- even if it was free.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MELE1312
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described regarding your check-in process and the level of cleanliness in your room are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had meetings with the housekeeping staff and maintenance staff to advise them on different ways to better handle these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I am coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Would highly recommended this hotel. The check in was super fast and efficient. The lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful. Didn't know exactly where the hotel was located but the lady from the front desk talked to me over the phone the whole time until I found it. Even offered to give me another room when I told her the tv wasn't working properly but with her help we figured out.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for posting such a glowing review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to others. We do work hard to make sure check in is quick and easy and we pride ourselves in our helpful and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel makes a copy of your drivers licence at check in. The bathroom had bad smells from the lack of moping. The window was stuck a few inches open and the crack had to be stuffed with towels to try to cut down on some of the noise from the six lane hwy outside.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Notashe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Notashe - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the bad smells in the bathroom and the window being stuck causing excessive noise in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with housekeeping and maintenance to make sure extra care is taken in moping the bathroom and the stuck window is repaired.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
West Point, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

In town for a job interview, I selected this place because I was tight on money. Traveling alone, safety was key for me. On arrival, I realized I left my driver's license at home, so I called to see if I could check in without it. The lady at the desk called the manager, and he said no. This made me feel good, even though I had to wait for my daughter to bring me my driver's license (I was only gone a few miles from home). Once there, the front desk lady was very nice. Upon entering the room, it was quiet and clean. (see pictures) I received a call from the front desk to make sure I was pleased with my room. The bed was cozy and I slept well. Being a light sleeper, if there had been noise I would have woke up. Easy to go breakfast choices that I was pleased with. I stayed a couple of weeks later at the Wingate right near by and it was more expensive and not as nice to me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Saundra - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that we could not check you in to the hotel without a driver's license; however, I am glad that this made you feel safe overall. As well, it is great to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of your room as well as our grab-and-go breakfast's offerings. We hope your job interview went well!