“Really homey feel”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I really liked the hotel and am staying there again next month. I like the staff, and they're very helpful. Granted, the check-in lady was a bit rude at first for we waited about 10 minutes for her to get back to us after we gave her our information. Apparently, we had interrupted a phone call reservation that she had previously been making. We didn't really get to explore the other facilities such as the fitness room and pool, but we did enjoy the grab and go breakfast. It wasn't much, but it was still decent. The wifi is a bit slow so if you need to Skype, you need to buy a faster connection which is about $3.99 a day. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I frequent this establishment often, I find the guest services staff to be friendly and down to earth. The housekeeping staff is attentive and very hospitable. For the rate, size, and quality, you couldn't find a better buy in the area. Within walking distance of multiple franchise restaurants, Retail outlets, and interstate access to I-85 for those seeking to travel the Atlanta area. I always recommend the Extended Stay America to any coworkers or customers traveling into the area. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am relocating from Indiana and booked this hotel to stay in for about a month. As i was checking into the hotel I asked if there was a bathroom. The lady at the front desk handed me a paper to sign and said the bathroom was around the corner. I went to the bathroom and when I came out the lady was gone and the front desk lights were out. I proceeded to unload my luggage and go up to my room. Upon entry of my room I knew i was in for a crazy week. The room was a bit worn down and there was a odd stain on the couch and the desk chair. I chalked it up to lazy housekeeping. I sat in my room for a moment and decided to go get something to eat. As i was walking out of my room, there was a roach crawling on the wall opposite of my room!!!! I immediately took my luggage back to my car (which was a lot because I am relocating, major inconvenience), ate dinner in steak and shake and went back to the hotel. I did not sleep that night and determined i would be finding another hotel to stay at. The next morning the manager was at the front desk so i stopped to talk to Aldron i believe was his name. I asked him what charges i would receive if i wanted to change my check out date. He proceeded to ask me what day i would like to check out and I replied with TODAY! He then asked why i was wanting to check out early. So i told him about my roach experience the night before and his answer to me was "Aw that's normal in Georgia. I have some roaches at my house". APPALLED!! I know there are different types of roaches and some are normal depending on where you are located. But this roach was a german cockroach and these type cockroaches come from unsanitary conditions and are scavengers. The only good thing about this hotel was the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Elle J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Elle - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the pest activity is truly regrettable. We take any report of pest activity very seriously and are working on addressing the issue. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We will continue to work with our staff to provide the best possible service.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel stay was a home a way from home get away for spring break. I loved the convenient location to shopping, restaurants and easy access to the highway. The hotel was nice the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly, I was dissatisfied with the grab and go breakfast, my daughter woke up hungry and the selection was not much to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Carla – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the extended stay for one month right next door and moved over here as they had a gym and a different layout in a room as I am here another two months. the room is clean, the front desk staff are very nice. the problem - there are people who actually live in these hotels. I have kids upstairs running and jumping and making lots of noise. I have contacted the front desk staff twice about this and they are contacting the people upstairs to ask them to quiet down. the problem is if you are in one room with kids there is going to be noise. I don't think should be allowed and will be researching the amount of people who can be in one room. otherwise very good value for the money.

Room Tip: ask ahead of time I there are kids above you. I didn't and I am sorry. extended next door was...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Still, I apologize that you experienced noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed here due to the price, location, and the pictures the website had. The only positive thing I can say about my time here was it was centrally located to where I needed to be. Besides that, this place is a dump.

The sheets still had some sort of odd colored stains on them. The couch cushions also had a strange stain on them. The walls were dirty and there was no way I was using any of the kitchen items. I even felt dirty taking a shower here. Don't be fooled by the price if you are short on cash, this place is not worth the $35/night I got from priceline.

You will not feel safe from the moment you get in the parking lot. There were police here over and over again and it seemed like someone was always getting arrested. DO NOT bring your family here whatever you do.

I keep seeing the manager responding to posts stating how he is going to get house keeping to fix these issues, but they still have no been resolved.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Good room? None of them, run for the hills!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jteitelbaum1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to ensure our housekeeping staff is taking extra care in cleaning of each and every room. We do want to provide guests with a feeling of knowing they are secure and safe so we do appreciate that our local police department does keep a active presence at all of the hotels and businesses in the area.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel was chosen for it's location to the events we had planned. We booked online and were disappointed upon arrival. The staff clerk refused to get off the phone to acknowledge that we were there. The elevators smelled like something rotting. The room stunk like mold and old smoke (we had a "non-smoking" room), the electrical outlet in bathroom did not work, the AC unit was falling apart, and the only help offered when we complained was to send up some Febreeze. The linen on the bed was so worn that the sheets and bed mat kept falling off in the middle of the night. It was clean, but very unpleasant. There was no coffee in the room (but a coffee pot was present) and none in the lobby either. When asked, the staff told us that there was a gas station up the road. Housekeeping never came (yes, was requested), but 2 hours before checkout, were banging on the door for us to hurry. I would not stay here again- even if it was free.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MELE1312
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described regarding your check-in process and the level of cleanliness in your room are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had meetings with the housekeeping staff and maintenance staff to advise them on different ways to better handle these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I am coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.