“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and called to make sure that my room was ok right after I walked in my room. This is a very clean hotel and the location is good, right off the interstate and in a quiet location. If you have children there is a putt putt right next door that you can walk to. I stayed at the othet Extended Stay last year and was pleased with it, but this one was much, much better, I was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Kristi - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with friendly service and that you appreciated the cleanliness and convenience of our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the 1st and last time I will ever stay here, bathroom was saturated with bleach, it had a nasty looking bath mat, no remote for the tv... breakfast is just snacks, go elsewhere, it is not good

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, spend the extra money on a better hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Marlene - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We sincerely apologize that your bathroom's cleanliness did not meet your expectations and that our grab-and go breakfast did not leave you satisfied. Your comments were reviewed by our housekeeping staff, and we will be working to make sure our bathrooms are always fresh and clean. We offer coffee, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, and fresh fruit each morning for our guests that do not have time to prepare a meal in their fully equipped kitchens. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at gwi@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Augusta
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I really liked the hotel and am staying there again next month. I like the staff, and they're very helpful. Granted, the check-in lady was a bit rude at first for we waited about 10 minutes for her to get back to us after we gave her our information. Apparently, we had interrupted a phone call reservation that she had previously been making. We didn't really get to explore the other facilities such as the fitness room and pool, but we did enjoy the grab and go breakfast. It wasn't much, but it was still decent. The wifi is a bit slow so if you need to Skype, you need to buy a faster connection which is about $3.99 a day. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I frequent this establishment often, I find the guest services staff to be friendly and down to earth. The housekeeping staff is attentive and very hospitable. For the rate, size, and quality, you couldn't find a better buy in the area. Within walking distance of multiple franchise restaurants, Retail outlets, and interstate access to I-85 for those seeking to travel the Atlanta area. I always recommend the Extended Stay America to any coworkers or customers traveling into the area. Thank you

Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am relocating from Indiana and booked this hotel to stay in for about a month. As i was checking into the hotel I asked if there was a bathroom. The lady at the front desk handed me a paper to sign and said the bathroom was around the corner. I went to the bathroom and when I came out the lady was gone and the front desk lights were out. I proceeded to unload my luggage and go up to my room. Upon entry of my room I knew i was in for a crazy week. The room was a bit worn down and there was a odd stain on the couch and the desk chair. I chalked it up to lazy housekeeping. I sat in my room for a moment and decided to go get something to eat. As i was walking out of my room, there was a roach crawling on the wall opposite of my room!!!! I immediately took my luggage back to my car (which was a lot because I am relocating, major inconvenience), ate dinner in steak and shake and went back to the hotel. I did not sleep that night and determined i would be finding another hotel to stay at. The next morning the manager was at the front desk so i stopped to talk to Aldron i believe was his name. I asked him what charges i would receive if i wanted to change my check out date. He proceeded to ask me what day i would like to check out and I replied with TODAY! He then asked why i was wanting to check out early. So i told him about my roach experience the night before and his answer to me was "Aw that's normal in Georgia. I have some roaches at my house". APPALLED!! I know there are different types of roaches and some are normal depending on where you are located. But this roach was a german cockroach and these type cockroaches come from unsanitary conditions and are scavengers. The only good thing about this hotel was the location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Elle J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Elle - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the pest activity is truly regrettable. We take any report of pest activity very seriously and are working on addressing the issue. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We will continue to work with our staff to provide the best possible service.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel stay was a home a way from home get away for spring break. I loved the convenient location to shopping, restaurants and easy access to the highway. The hotel was nice the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly, I was dissatisfied with the grab and go breakfast, my daughter woke up hungry and the selection was not much to choose from.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Carla – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Denham Springs
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the extended stay for one month right next door and moved over here as they had a gym and a different layout in a room as I am here another two months. the room is clean, the front desk staff are very nice. the problem - there are people who actually live in these hotels. I have kids upstairs running and jumping and making lots of noise. I have contacted the front desk staff twice about this and they are contacting the people upstairs to ask them to quiet down. the problem is if you are in one room with kids there is going to be noise. I don't think should be allowed and will be researching the amount of people who can be in one room. otherwise very good value for the money.

Room Tip: ask ahead of time I there are kids above you. I didn't and I am sorry. extended next door was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Still, I apologize that you experienced noise disturbance from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.