“Great hotel. Courteous staff. One issue.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Harrisonburg, United States
“Great hotel. Courteous staff. One issue.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel was nice. Staff as very accomodating and courteous. My room (8th floor) had an odor of old smoke. My colleagues room (4th floor) did not. I did not ask to change rooms. I am sure staff would have granted my request if I had asked. Otherwise all was well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim Q, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your review and kind words about our team here. I am sorry for the odor in your room; I will make sure we get that room smelling fresh as it should.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
NC
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip to the area. I stayed in a room on the 7th floor that was less than impressive. The carpet had bleach stains on it and needed a good cleaning. What was worse though, was when you laid down on the bed, it was angled downward so you felt like you were sleeping on your head. The closet door was also missing.... All that aside, the staff was wonderful and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive comments about our team. I will look into the other issues you mentioned and make sure they are corrected.
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is the 3rd time in as many summers we have stayed at this hotel while traveling to North Carolina. It is a comfortable place and very clean. The check in was easy and the staff at the desk were very gracious. Breakfast was plentiful and hot. No complaints whatsoever.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jim Q, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you do much for that glowing review and for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor. We appretiate the feedback.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel while visiting family. It has been reliably comfortable, quiet and clean every time and the staff has been most helpful. As a single female traveler I feel well taken care of and consider it my oasis in Duluth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Radiopenny
Jim Q, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to write it. I am glad that you have had consistently positive experiences with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Cameron, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have stayed at this motel many, many times and have always found it to be clean and quiet. The staff is courteous, efficient and friendly. We stayed at this motel for 3 months when our son had brain surgery. Our room was always clean and the staff asked how our son was doing just about every day. I also loved the cookies they made in the afternoon. What a pick-up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Sharon S
Jim Q, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for continuing to come back to us. Your loyalty is appretiated and we will always work hard to keep it by giving you that great Hampton service.
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is fine. It's starting to show signs of age, but overall in good repair. The staff makes this place though. Check in was probably the most efficient I've ever had.....Basically because he was multitasking the whole time. Running room keys and credit card simultaneously, etc. Something that is appreciated after a long day on the road and not wanting any delays.

The front desk person in the morning was very friendly and helpful in setting me straight for my next stop. She also had a lovely smile and ever so subtle accent. (Think Indiana transplant to GA for about 5 years)

I will most likely stay here again on my next stop to the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jim Q, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your great review! We have been updating our check in process to make it as efficient as possible. I'm glad you found our team so freindly and helpful. Please visit us again!
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very familiar with Hampton Inns, we choose this one for location close to an event we were attending and reviews. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room and bath was clean. Our shoes stuck to the carpet (I'm assuming from shampoo left in the carpet or some sort of sanitizing spray). I've experienced this stickiness in other Hampton Inns. It really detracts from the sense of cleaness. This hotel is completely nonsmoking (since March, 2014) which is a plus for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review. Your comment about the carpet is well noted. We have been exploring different methods of cleaning the carpet to minimize the "sticky" effect. I am glad to hear everything else was good with your stay.