“Great overnight stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
“Great overnight stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

My husband and I stopped late to stay the night on January 27 on our way through to Helen, GA. I am extremely particular when it comes to cleanliness and I must say, this is a very clean hotel! Our room was spotless and the bed was super comfortable. This hotel is right off the interstate and would be very convenient for anyone, especially those needing to stay for several days. The room had a large desk and kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and silverware. All in all, a great place to stay at a great price ($62 plus tax)!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lawrenceville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Duluth, GA for 15 days which included Christmas day, It was literally one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. The room was emaculate. During my stay I moved from a studio to a 1 bedroom suite and it was awsome. As a personal touch they include several types (feather, foam rubber, etc) of pillows for the bed. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The like New Washer and Dryers are FREE and available 24 hours a day. There is a large area to walk your pet. While I was there they were in the process of renovating the rooms on the second floor, third floor was complete and the day I left they began on the 1st floor. I am back now on January 8th and staying in a newly renovatede one bedroom suite and all I can say is It is totally AWSOME. I could actually comfortably live there in the 1 BR suite permanently. And again, I must emphasize the staff is awsome as well. And to top it off the rates are more than reasonable. I would recommend Candlewood Suites Studio or 1 BR Suite to anyone and everyone for a short stay or a long stay. Great Place!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

We were in town for a conference at the Gwinett Arena, so this was a good location for our needs. It is conveniently located one exit down from the arena. I was greeted very warmly upon check in, and, as a priority club member, allowed to spin the prize wheel (I got a $5 coupon for the snack area ;) Because this is an extended stay, our rooms were not cleaned in between the 2 nights we stayed, and there is no breakfast. If there are more than two of you in a room, you would want to make sure that you get a layout that includes a pull-out. Our 1 queen (which seemed more like a full to me) was fine for my husband and I, but if any of our children would have been with us, someone would have slept on the easy chair. The room kitchens have a full sized fridge and stove. If we attend the same conference next year, I will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites on the weekend of June 26, 2011. First off the room was lovely, and spacious. However the front desk clerk Alan was not so great the check in process with him was wonderful. However my complaints started when we got to our room and the TV did not work. I called the front desk and he asked if i made sure it was plugged in I explained to him that I checked all the cords, he then said "well not much that I can do until my maintenance guy gets here on tomorrow". My cousin came in the room and got it on it was the fuse box. Than the TV’s volume wouldn't adjust so we just had to do without. That's technology, the maintance guy came in the next and fixed that problem he was courtous and very professional. My biggest frustration came with Alan when my mother checked in the next day she didn't have the right type of room. He tells me to call the person who set up my block on Monday. I was checking out on Sunday what good would that do?! My mother was fine with the room she dealt with it, no problem. Also, my mother had a no-show charge for the previous night. I work at the front desk of a hotel and I understand protocol for circumstances such as those. I explained to him that I made the reservation and may have accidentally put in the wrong date and asked if he could take that day off. He said "no and you would have to talk with Chris the General Manager and good luck with that", as he laughed. I work in the hotel industry and would never treat a guest's problems so nonchalantly. Like I said before the hotel was beautiful, the service not so great.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank trojan02
ADayinGA, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Atlanta / Gwinnet Place, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
First, we would like to thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and your suite, and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future. We sincerely apologize for the customer service issues you encountered. These issues have been addressed with the hotel staff and are not indicative of the typical service we pride ourselves in delivering to our Candlewood Suites guests. We ask that you please contact us at the hotel at your convenience. We would be more than happy to help resolve the extra night charge your mother received. Thank you again for your feedback, as it helps us in our goal to continually strive to provide the best guest experience possible.
Chris Indovina, General Manager & Ashley Day, Director of Sales
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

We stayed in this for 5 nights. This is an extended stay hotel, as such, it only clean your room once in a week. Since we only stayed 5 nights, no one cleaned our room during our stay. That's what is expected for an extended stay hotel. We booked the studio rooms which has a nice kitchen with the full sized refrigirator, stove and even a toaster. This really makes it easy for extended stays when you are tired of eating out everyday.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank xli123
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

We decided to drop everything and move to the area from Louisiana to help daughter and her family when she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. We needed a place to land while we looked for something to buy or rent and found this place after a little online research of reviews for extended stay places, got a great Internet deal (41.99) even cheaper than you can get at the hotel itself but catch was to pay month in advance which we did. Super clean, super quiet, never any drama, free washer/dryer, courteous professional staff, sometimes fresh-baked cookies and other treats at the front desk, feeling of safety. We had all our stuff in a POD but still jammed the room with our belongings including my computer and other office stuff because I wanted to continue freelancing work I do, which I did in comfort. We cooked and ate in most days, helped with expenses, kitchen was well-equipped but I supplemented with an iron skillet and a couple other fave kitchen tools. Had issue just one day with Internet, front desk gave me help desk number, techie fixed the problem right away. The workout room is nice, has two treadmills and other stations, has tv to watch while you work out, washer/dryer beside it so work out while washing clothes. Nice little hotel store has everything that's standard in the way of snacks, fruit, meals, meds. Highly recommend. Nice view of almost woodsy area out our window despite being so near busy hub. Waffle House in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

For the last two months I was planning my trip to Atlanta and with the bed bug epidemic I was very leary and basically paranoid about taking this trip. I constantly checked different resources looking for an inexpensive hotel with no bed bug reports. I gave Candlewood a try. Upon walking into the lobby and greeted with very friendly staff and doing an inspection of the room I knew I had made the right choice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo