“will stay again”

Suburban Extended Stay Duluth
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The GM is great... The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are well kept with what i could tell the room i was in had been remodeled with new items. I didnt have to worry about inspecting the room at all since i could tell the cleaning staff did their jobs. there was no noise after 10 or so and i was able to get a good nights rest. the price was the best i could find. i will stay again next time i am in town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Please do not stay at this place!!! If you ignore my warning don't say you were not warned. Very very dirty place, extremely rude and unprofessional staff. Furniture very badly soiled, unbelievable odor though out the building. This place should be shut down and unable to operate under these poor and unhealthy conditions.

After addressing these issues with the incomplete manager there. She became extremely ghetto instead of her addressing the issues. I was met with evil, nasty and unprofessional behavior. I thought where am I at a trailer park.

Apparently she lives under these kind of conditions and they don't bother her. I can't believe the owner of the building has someone like her in charge.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Lori C
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed at the Suburban while attending an expo at the Gwinnett Center. The room was clean and spacious; the exterior, well-kept. The lobby was welcoming. Staff was very hospitable and helpful. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe at this location. The property is surrounded by restaurants, shopping and other businesses. A good bargain.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The GM Vicky is wonderful to deal with and her staff is likable and well trained. I have never had an issue with cleanliness or the rooms. They are spacious and offer comfortable beds and all amenities.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank GeoNCR
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I booked this hotel based on the reviews and that it was the closet hotel to an arena where I was going to watch a concert. It looks good on the outside, but the inside is a different story. It smells of mold and urine in the hallways and rooms. We stayed in room 246 and a dog mustve lived there and used the carpet as a toilet because it reeked. The carpet was dirty, the furniture very worn. THe fixtures in the bathroom were broken too ex toilet seat, toilet paper holder. I wouldnt stay there again even if it was free.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank boaty33
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My husband had a 3 month contract job in the Duluth/Suwanee area after being unemployed for a year. We stayed at this location and it was great. The monthly rate was fantastic and accomodations were pleasant and cozy!! The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Also very convenient to shopping, restaurants and just about everything. The kitchen could have had a few more perks, but we brought in some of our own and managed very well. Thank you Choice hotels and the wonderful staff in Duluth for making our stay a great experience during a challenging time.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
GM2350, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are very pleased to know we exceeded your needs.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

I was part of a group of about 25 women that stayed here while attending a conference. We wanted a place that was reasonable so that more could afford the trip and conf.
I went in several rooms,visiting other friends that were staying, the rooms were over-all clean,bathrooms clean,sheets and towels were clean. Never saw any bugs. All our cooking supplies were wrapped in Seran wrap, and appeared to be clean. Several from our group had to stay the first night by themselves because their roomates weren't there yet, they were fine about it and no one bothered them.
This is an extended living hotel,so when walking down the hall in the evening,you could smell cooking from some rooms and even our room when we first entered had an odor,like someone had just smoked in the bathroom and cooked in our kitchen,but we didnt seem to notice it after a few minutes. My socks would get dirty,so the carpet needs cleaning.
Looks like all types of folks stay here, sometimes men that looked like they'd just gotten off work, couples that looked like they were visiting Atl.,and one lady that..well,lets just say she looks like she works nights....
We left our room to visit our friends rooms, I never saw anyone else in the halls, but if I was staying here by myself, I would have stayed in my room at night. Rooms seemed pretty insulated,no one ever complained about all our laughing and loud yacking.
Definitely not fancy, not for everyone (In fact, a few ladies from our group wanted to stay somewhere a little nicer,so they left for a Holiday Inn and their car was broken into that night & goodies stolen. boo)
Came in sev. times at night,parking lot was well lit. Girls at the desk were friendly.Tried to help with directions . If you can find another place for the price, you might give it a try..but I'd stay here with a friend or with my husband.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank lovemysis3

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I value all of our comments so I know how to make changes for the better. I hope to see you at the next conference.